• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started Humira this morning, any side effects I should expect?

Hi all,

I've been on endecort since early May and just did my loading dose of Humira this morning. The doc wants me to do both endecort and Humira for a month, then no more endecort and eventually add Imuran.

I was wondering if I had any "fun" side effects to look forward to. I know everyone's different but I was just wondering about other people's experience starting Humira.

Thanks!

I've been on it for 4 1/2 years and it's been a life saver. Sometimes I experience a tiredness on the 3rd day after giving myself the shot but other than that it's been wonderful for me. Good luck to you and I hope it works as good for you too!

My daughter had serious brain fog and extreme fatigue with the loading doses. As she adjusted to the med she was and is fine with it. I hope that it works wonders for you!

I have experienced nearly all of the side effects. I get the blistery-hot rash at the site injection, hair loss and nearly all of the others and I nearly asked to be switched but after 8 weeks, it began working. I can actually eat food now. I still have a hot rash at the site of injection but it is getting better each week and the end result is worth it for me.