• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Underweight?

So as well as me having crohns my daughter also has it. I am quite worried about her she is 12 years old and weighs 19.32 kg is that underweight for a 12 year old?

my little penguin

Staff member
At what age was she dx ?
What meds does she take ?
Is she supplementing woth formula ( kids boost pediasure peptide peptamen Jr neocate Jr or elecare jr)?

my little penguin

Staff member
So 4'2" and 42 lbs ???
My kiddo weighed more at age 5 with crohns
Often does she see her Gi and what was her weight at dx ???

Maya142

Staff member
Yikes - my kiddo was about 75 - 80 lbs at that age. Has she been diagnosed with Crohn's? What does her GI say about her weight?

Yikes - my kiddo was about 75 - 80 lbs at that age. Has she been diagnosed with Crohn's? What does her GI say about her weight?
She hasnt been diagnosed yet but they are sure its IBD and she is now taking nutrience drinks to help her gain weight. But about her height she is never going to be massive because her dad is short and her grandmother is under 5 foot so shortness runs in the family. Also the dietiton said once her weight is up she should start growing xx