• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's Colitis Support Group

I am confused. Mostly, my Crohn's Disease has been in my small intestine. Recently, I was told I have Crohn's Colitis but I read an article saying this type is only in the colon. So how can I have had it in both places if I am making sense?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Ron, I think that you have had it in the small bowel for a while, now it has spread/sprung up into the colon. you can have it in more than one place at a time. It sounds like you have ileocolitis, as this affects both small intestine and colon. There are 5 types... Ileocolitis, ileitis, gastroduodenal, jejunoilitis, crohn's (granulomatous) Colitis
Any of these can overlap thus you have crohn's in different places in the digestive tract. Hope that helps you Ron.
Love n hugs 💕Mandy

After a major flare ended my sulfasalazine affair of 20 years, my doc decided to work from the bottom up on the medication ladder for CC. 6-MP did not work for me. After 3 weeks it caused me to have such severe diarrhea that I was admitted to the hospital for dehydration. Evidently this is very rare? My doctor has recommended I try Imuran next. I'm still on Budesonide, and imagine I will be until if and when the Imuran starts working. I'm pretty new to all of these medications. I have researched them but I find that personal experiences are very helpful. I would really like to know if anyone had the same reaction to 6-MP and how many have had success with Imuran for Crohn's Colitis.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.I can't advise you as I haven't used any of the meds.you refer to,but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help.
I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon.

scottsma

It's a while since anyone posted on this particular thread,so I was just wondering how you're all doing ? It would be nice to think you're all doing well,but I think that's a wee bit unrealistic.

Me too! In remission but still get bad days here and there...yesterday was not a good day, but today is much better. Spent so many years trying to put on weight and now am trying to lose some! So much harder when I can't eat too much roughage (healthy fiber rich foods) and when too much exercise really does me in. But I have lost 5lbs so far!

Glad to hear others are doing well too. Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! I will be relaxing at home trying to keep the dogs occupied so they don't freak out over fireworks tonight. Last night the neighbors set off a few and I had all 3 dogs huddled in the bed with me!

Me too! In remission but still get bad days here and there...yesterday was not a good day, but today is much better. Spent so many years trying to put on weight and now am trying to lose some! So much harder when I can't eat too much roughage (healthy fiber rich foods) and when too much exercise really does me in. But I have lost 5lbs so far!

Glad to hear others are doing well too. Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! I will be relaxing at home trying to keep the dogs occupied so they don't freak out over fireworks tonight. Last night the neighbors set off a few and I had all 3 dogs huddled in the bed with me!
Congratulations on the lost weight.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi well done on your weight loss. Aw poor doggies, my sisters dog hates fireworks.
Im in remission and suffer joint pain n fatigue daily. I am stuggling to gain weight .. how did you gain it teeny . I really cant seem to find a way to gain..?
Love n best wishes to all 💕💕

scottsma

Teeny,I empathise with the dog / firework problem.I was told it's best to ignore them or they think,if you cuddle them,they're getting rewarded for being scared.But it's so hard.I used to be ill with worry about them come Guy Fawkes.It's only one night but the fireworks went off for a fortnight.
Good on you for your weight loss.I sometimes think a bit of extra weight comes in handy for the "bad" times.

Teeny,I empathise with the dog / firework problem.I was told it's best to ignore them or they think,if you cuddle them,they're getting rewarded for being scared.But it's so hard.I used to be ill with worry about them come Guy Fawkes.It's only one night but the fireworks went off for a fortnight.
Good on you for your weight loss.I sometimes think a bit of extra weight comes in handy for the "bad" times.
After I had my first flare and lost 34 pounds, I remember my wife saying that a little extra weight might be good.

Hi well done on your weight loss. Aw poor doggies, my sisters dog hates fireworks.
Im in remission and suffer joint pain n fatigue daily. I am stuggling to gain weight .. how did you gain it teeny . I really cant seem to find a way to gain..?
Love n best wishes to all 💕💕
My GI had me eating what I could three meals a day, plus drinking an Ensure 3 times a day. I got to my normal weight, but then once I could eat normal again kind of pigged out! Trying to get back to a healthy weight. My GI encourages me to be as healthy as possible with diet and exercise. He believes because our bodies are fighting the disease we should strive to be in good health to give our body every advantage possible. He's good about giving suggestions based on whether I am flaring or not. I feel best when I am about 10lbs lighter than I am currently. The extra weight was putting pressure on my hips, back and knees. I can only do light exercises, but seems to still help with stress.