• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello!! I can't tell you all how happy I am to find you! I have been suffering with crohns/ibd/uc for years. I put them all there because the docs I see use different terms when discussing issues. My disease started with severe abdominal pain and diarrhea x 15 + a day. I have tried several different meds over the years. It seems like from about 2004-2009 my disease was in semi-ok state...I controlled diarrhea with several Imodium a day. Then in 2010 I started having neck pain and went to see a chiro who adjusted my neck causing severely blown out disks, neck surgery with metal plates and cadaver disks!! Since then things health-wise have been all bad...I have severe joint pain...nausea, vomiting, headaches, bloody diarrhea, random fevers, small rashes, ab cramping, etc...I have not seen my gastro doc in a few years but recently saw a rheumatologist and am slated to see gastro.

I have been on many meds but currently take: Lyrica, phenergan, flexeril, norco and other pain meds distributed by patch. I finished a dose of steroids a few months ago which helped some...and was also on a salicate (??) but made me feel horrible.

I am just now putting the pieces together that all of the pain I am in May be due to the crohns. Though the docs told me that I never really believed them ? I don't know...I have faith in the medical field but sometimes (often) get frustrated...they also told me I had fibromyalgia which I kind of feel like it is their way of saying ....leave us alone, we don't know how to help you...

Welcome to the forum,

In certain cases where Crohns is active it may cause arthritis. During my worst flare I had the most painful joint pains and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

You must see a GI and tell him/her everything including your symptoms. It is a HORRIBLE idea to go years with out treatment and not seeing your GI.

Thank you both for your reply. I find myself fighting depression. I am surrounded by love and support from my family, which I thank God for daily...I don't know what I would do without them.

I, especially being a nurse, know how important it is for me to see my gi doc...I have to just get busy doing that instead of pretending I don't need to...I know this...I just have to make it happen. The pain I am in daily prevents me from even doing simple tasks like dishes or laundry. I look around my house and see things that need tone done, but after about fifteen minutes of chores I feel horrid. I'm not totally honest with my family about how terrible I feel because I don't want them to worry and I don't want to just be a whiner!!

I feel so bad for my husband who is so awesome...he works all day then has to come home and make dinner n clean...I try my best to at least make him dinner...some days I just can't. I know it must be frustrating for him but he does everything with a loving smile. I used to make lots of money...now I'm on disability and more of the financials are on him. He is a self employed painting contractor so sometimes that is very difficult.

We used it go camping all the time...now it's so hard for me due to pain...it try to do whatever i can to keep him happy...

Sorry for the purge :)...just been a while since I could be totally honest. Thanks for reading.

Any comments from spouses would be appreciated.

Hello!! I can't tell you all how happy I am to find you! I have been suffering with crohns/ibd/uc for years. I put them all there because the docs I see use different terms when discussing issues. My disease started with severe abdominal pain and diarrhea x 15 + a day. I have tried several different meds over the years. It seems like from about 2004-2009 my disease was in semi-ok state...I controlled diarrhea with several Imodium a day. Then in 2010 I started having neck pain and went to see a chiro who adjusted my neck causing severely blown out disks, neck surgery with metal plates and cadaver disks!! Since then things health-wise have been all bad...I have severe joint pain...nausea, vomiting, headaches, bloody diarrhea, random fevers, small rashes, ab cramping, etc...I have not seen my gastro doc in a few years but recently saw a rheumatologist and am slated to see gastro.

I have been on many meds but currently take: Lyrica, phenergan, flexeril, norco and other pain meds distributed by patch. I finished a dose of steroids a few months ago which helped some...and was also on a salicate (??) but made me feel horrible.

I am just now putting the pieces together that all of the pain I am in May be due to the crohns. Though the docs told me that I never really believed them ? I don't know...I have faith in the medical field but sometimes (often) get frustrated...they also told me I had fibromyalgia which I kind of feel like it is their way of saying ....leave us alone, we don't know how to help you...
My prayers are with you!

Thank you both for your reply. I find myself fighting depression. I am surrounded by love and support from my family, which I thank God for daily...I don't know what I would do without them.

I, especially being a nurse, know how important it is for me to see my gi doc...I have to just get busy doing that instead of pretending I don't need to...I know this...I just have to make it happen. The pain I am in daily prevents me from even doing simple tasks like dishes or laundry. I look around my house and see things that need tone done, but after about fifteen minutes of chores I feel horrid. I'm not totally honest with my family about how terrible I feel because I don't want them to worry and I don't want to just be a whiner!!

I feel so bad for my husband who is so awesome...he works all day then has to come home and make dinner n clean...I try my best to at least make him dinner...some days I just can't. I know it must be frustrating for him but he does everything with a loving smile. I used to make lots of money...now I'm on disability and more of the financials are on him. He is a self employed painting contractor so sometimes that is very difficult.

We used it go camping all the time...now it's so hard for me due to pain...it try to do whatever i can to keep him happy...

Sorry for the purge :)...just been a while since I could be totally honest. Thanks for reading.

Any comments from spouses would be appreciated.
In your darkest hour we are always here for you.

Please, do not become depressed, it is easer said than done. I use to become depressed due to crohns but I accepted the fact this is who I am. Become depressed will only further hinder you, your family, and your health. Just know you are not alone in this battle.

Stop procrastinating and see your doctor/GI. For a long time I worked full time with overtime and went to college and I still managed to find time to see my GI. Its okay to whine from time to time. You can only bottle in so much before it overwhelms you. This is why it good to let them into your world from time to time.

Hang in there Betsy! I know how hard it can be to get the motivation to anything when depressed. And with IBD and other chronic pain it's even harder. I'm glad you are seeing your GI. It's really important to stay on top of treatment or things will just get worse.

Hello Betsy, there is lots of support on here sending :ghug: and prayers your way. Let us know how your GI visit goes.