• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Enlarging Stomach

I have been suffering from a lot of Crohn's condition for the last few years that they have become a norm for me on a day to day basis. Thanks for Azathioprine, most of my symptoms have cleared up except 1 major issue...Bloating.

I notice my bloating is usually a result of gas. In specific, if I do not pass gas when needed, I bloat up. It is extremely uncomfortable during work situations as I recently started working and it may be obvious who is actually passing gas.

Is there any remedy for decreasing gas? I am normally a 30 waist but when I bloat, even a 32 waist isn't enough. I go from slim to central obesity-like figure in an hour.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing bloating. I'm sure others will be along with some remedies. Out of curiosity, have you told your gastro about the bloating and if so, what did they say?

All my best to you.

Greetings and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing bloating. I'm sure others will be along with some remedies. Out of curiosity, have you told your gastro about the bloating and if so, what did they say?

All my best to you.
I was told I can't starve myself just because of bloating. Any food regardless of vegetables or anything just bloats. I have kept a diary and just about everything bloats. Even if I am fasting the entire day, I bloat. As long as I adequately 'pass' gas, my stomach doesn't bloat but this isn't feasible as at certain circumstances, I have to hold back.

So I was hoping if there is anything I could do to reduce the gas. Maybe I may have missed something on my food diary. Thanks

I went on the low FODMAP diet two weeks ago because I was bloating so bad, and suffering from cramps and pain. I have to say it's working amazingly well. It was developed by an Australian university to provide relief from IBS. I'm going to stay on it for another month or so before I start adding foods one by one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP
Try it for a week and see if it helps.