• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi im amber and im only 11 with I.B.D

when were u found with I.B.D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

groovyangelpower

hi im amber and im only 11 with I.B.D

Hi im amber and im only 11 and i have I.B.D,i was diagnosed when i was just 5:( and i have had a range of symtoms and have had gereral ansetic about 4 times(i hade my teddy for company):) i am just looking for someonew to talk to, no matter how old they are. the thing that has helped me the most is my rabbit louie, he has always been there for me, and i have just had a flare up(when u get ill coz of i.b.d) coz of the docters changeing my meddys but im fine now :thumleft:

Karen

FRIEND 4 1 & ALL

WELCOME ABOARD AMBER !! I'm GRANDMA BEAR aka KAREN & I'd like to extend a BIG WELCOME to you to the board. I'm a wife to a CROHNNIE & so he just found out in December 2005 & so it's been hard on the entire family but we have gotten through it. Have fun & if there is anything we can do to make your visit better just let someone know !!

D

DarrylP_Ajax

So young, stupid IBD, hope everything gets better for you, u are too young to have to deal with that

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Thanks for coming and sharing that with us Amber. You definately must be very strong for being able to go through everything you have had to at a young age. Feel free to ask anything you want to, as everyone here will be more than glad to talk to you. Hope to see you back soon :)!

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Amber
:welcome: nice to meet you, so young grrrrrrrrrrrr to IBD

M

Mozam

Hey Amber,

It's really cool to meet you, I just wish it was in different circumstances! I know exactly what you're going through poppet - I was diagnosed with crohns disease when I was 7, over 20 years ago now! But I'm fine now, no real problems, and I'm sure that you'll be the same! Just listen to the doctors, cos on the whole their advice is really good, take things easy, and don't worry or panic too much about stuff. You are so very young to have to handle this but I bet you're very mature for your age. You'll be fine - and if you ever need to ask anything or you need any advice, get on to us here and wel'll all help you out, no problem at all.

Take care sweetheart

E

ElaineH

Hi Amber! Welcome to the site sweetie...everyone here will be more than happy to talk with you anytime! I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this at such a young age, IBD sucks!! I was 17 when I was diagnosed with crohns disease, I'm 37 now...and I have to say I have a pretty good life all things considered!

Feel free to pm me anytime you want someone to talk to sweetie :)

Elaine xxxx

D

Donna

Hey Amber!! Welcome!! Like Mike said, feel free to ask anything you want here...we have all heard it before, and have gone thru it as well. I have 2 children ages 2 ad 8...and I never want them to go thru this or any other disease. I am so sorry you are so young to have the disease, but it will make you a stronger and more compassionate adult. Hang in there, and always know we are here for you anytime of the day!!

Please feel free to email me anytime if you need someone to talk to!

Take care!!

Donna

L

little_sami

Hiya Amber, nice to have some younger members on the site.

It's heatbreaking to hear you got this disease so young, you sound like you've got a wise head on those young shoulders, I'm sure you will make lots of friends here :) Nice to meet you!

M

Mickeyg

Welcome Amber! It breaks my heart to hear of such young people getting this dreaded disease. I thought 17 was young enough to be diagnosed.

Hi Amber,
I've had crohn's since I was 9. Not that much fun. How do your friends handle this? It's been 17 years for me now, since i was diagnosed. It is much easier to deal with when you've had it for more years than you haven't. Because we have a hard time remembering what 'normal' is.
C-Ya
molly

I have had CD since I was about 5 but I was diagnosed at 14. It was not severe at all but I had diarrea a lot. Welcome I am the biker dude.

Good luck

Jeff

cookey

Mama Crohnie
Hi Amber, nice to meet you sweetheart. I'm so glad you found this site, so we can all help you along if you need us. I'm really glad to hear you are doing all right now, that's just wonderful. Welcome to the forums, and please contact me or anyone of these great people, if you need anything at all.
Big Hugs
Mama Crohnie

C

CHRISP2

welcome Amber sorry to hear you hav ibd you will find alot of info here and its good to type about it :)

L

Lil_Laura

Hi Amber

Welcome to the site- and I thought it was bad to be diagnosed at 17! You must be so brave, you have already been through so much already.

Hugs

Laura x

Hello Amber,

Welcome to the site. Its a great group of people here, im sure you will enjoy yourself! Sorry to hear you got this so young though. I got it around 15.

Anyway, hope your doin good!