• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

Hi all,

Well I'm new to this place but thought I'd give it a go. I was diagnosed with Crohns about a year ago now. I had a very hard time until we got to the bottom of it. Sometimes I just feel like breaking down but there are also days where I am just thankful it was nothing more serious. I'd like to meet some ppl here suffering from the same problem - preferably around my age. I'm 23 years old. Anyway, thank you for your time!

Regards

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: to the forum! There are many here your age, and some newbies as well. It would help to know what country you are from and male/female. We share our vents, stories, and help one another. Hope to see you around the forum. WE know how you feel.

Trysha

Staff member
Hello JC welcome to the forum.
I am not your age but I am sure there will be many others who are and they will come to support you.
It can be a depressing diagnosis and sometimes we all need the support of others in the same boat.
You will find plenty of support here and also lots of information to help you through the darker days.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

I am impressed that someone has already replied, thank you Pen :)
Well, I am from Malta an Island in the Mediterranean, close to Sicily. I am Male, 23years old. Lucky, I have responded well to tratment. I had my second colonoscopy two week's ago and got to know that there is still some inflammation. My doc decided to increase my dose of Azathoprine. Besides this, I am on Pentasa & Folic acid. looking forward to talking to many more individuals

Angrybird

Hello :bigwave: and welcome! Was it a grumbly tummy that led to the 2nd scope? How are you feeling now on the increased Aza dose? There is plenty of advice and support here so when you can have a good look around, there is such a great bunch of people to talk to :)

Well, actually we decided to have another look since it had been a year that I was diagnosed to see the improvement. I think Aza is working well on me - Even though I do get a very grumbly stomach at times. Problem with this Crohns is that something always seems to crop up! Like a couple of months ago I was geting so much heart burn, I went for a gastroscopy nd found that I had a stomach ulcer from the steroids :( nearly healed up now at least!

Angrybird

There is definetly a sense with this disease that one thing gets sorted only to have something else come along. Have you found out whether certain foods trigger the grumbles, it is worth lookng into....

Sorry to hear about the ulcer, I am glad that is is on the mend though.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Well, actually we decided to have another look since it had been a year that I was diagnosed to see the improvement. I think Aza is working well on me - Even though I do get a very grumbly stomach at times. Problem with this Crohns is that something always seems to crop up! Like a couple of months ago I was geting so much heart burn, I went for a gastroscopy nd found that I had a stomach ulcer from the steroids :( nearly healed up now at least!
I know all about that, I have a Hiatus hernia thanks to Pred. Never had heartburn before and it was like a hot dagger in my chest. I take Nexium for about 6 weeks to heel it and I also have an exercise for it. Sucks dont it.:cool:

Hi JC :)

I seem to suffer from quite a grumbly tum most of the time as well...can be quite loud!

Just thought i'd say hi, i'm 23 to x

Hey there Artificial,

Thank you for your post. For how long have you been diagnosed. I am currently trying to figure out what kinds of foods cause my stomach to grumble but its quite a hard job! Anyway we always try to keep thinking positively I guess.. :)

Regards
JCrohns

Welcome! I'm very newly diagnosed (and very new to this forum also!) I was diagnosed less than 6 months ago. I'm glad to hear the Ulcer is getting better.

I'm 24 years old...I have noticed that having salad 2 days in a row is a HUGE no no. I end up with horrible stomache cramps... also dairy - milk and ice cream especially cause me problems. I can have a litte ice cream every once in a while without too many problems but it's not something I can have very often. It is very hard to figure out what causes problems, I completely agree with that!

This forum is very informative, i've learned so much just from browsing all the threads.

It feels good to know that there are always people I can express my feelings with! I do have my wonderful girlfriend and family that support me all the way but having people that are going through the same problems makes me feel that I am not alone in this! Its been 3 days at most that I logged onto the site, the resources here are incredible!

I would like to ask. Can Crohn's make you feel tired quicker than usual? Sometimes I feel drained after a very short period of time and I am not sure if it's just me or if it is related.. Maybe someone has more info on this.

Thanks to all
:)

Angrybird

Hi, I would say crohns can definetly make you feel tired at times especially if it's having a grumpy day. You also mentioned steroids, are you still on them and if so what dosage? Have you noticed a change at all in your sleep pattern?

Hey AngryBird,

No I stopped the steroids quite a while ago now! Hopefully I won't be needing them again for quite a while.. Yeah, I've noticed that if I am having a shit day and I feel stressed, my stomach tends to grumble more too! Im thinking of starting some excercise at the gym maybe that will help slightly too.. I dont think I can stress my self out too hard at the gym though, can anyone clarify on this pls?

Regards
JCrohns

Angrybird

I have been doing tummy excercises recently to sort out the flabby musle left over from my op and have not noticed any issues with the tum. Obviously I think if you are having a flare and feel sore anyway then this will perhaps aggrivate things but if you are feeling fine I would say give it a go. Check out the diet and fitness forum, I am sure there must be some info there about this.

NB Glad your off the steroids :) I hope to be off them myself in the non too distant future.

Thanks for the advice Angrybird :) Yeah, I will leave a comment in the fitness forum. Tried to have some curry today as I've missed it so much! not a good idea though as stomach has been complaining all night :( How have you all been?

Angrybird

Slightly grumbly tum myself, it was chinese for me though :biggrin: I am quite tired at the mo with an almost constant headache, me and my IBD nurse are thinking/hoping it might be down to all the changes in the doses for my medications. Keeping fingers crossed that it will settle down soon.......