• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The Stomach Flu!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
My house has officially become, "The bodily functions house!" Alex, my two year-old son had a horrible bout of vomiting on Saturday night. My brother-in-law helped me with him while we were waiting for Scott. He was pretty worked up, so two people were needed. Nothing seemed to help and that poor little guy was so uncomfortable. He was dry heaving for a while after the throwing-up stopped. Poor baby!

Scott, my hubby, was sick and in a lot of pain on Sunday. Well, I got hit with it on Monday. The nausea and trips to the bathroom. It felt just like a CD flare-up. Then the pains started. I was hurting from head to toe. It literally felt like I was hit by a bus. Laying down hurt, sitting hurt, forget standing. My stomach is still a mess. My brother-in-law asked me for some anti-nausea pills. He was throwing-up this morning. Our baby girl had thrown up on Thursday. Little did we know that she started it all.

I spent most of the day scrubbing and cleaning things down, especially the bathroom. I am hungry, but food is still not sitting right with me. Whatever the stomach virus was, it was a nasty one. I didn't have the vomiting, but the diarrhea sure made up for it. The nausea was still present. The body aches were something else. Please stay well my friends!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thank you, Margie. I've had the stomach flu many times throughout the years, but this one really hurt. The stomach pains, cramping, nausea, is all the same, but for some reason both Scott and I had extreme body aches. Our backs, necks, shoulders, everything ached. I'm sending my best wishes that you steer clear of this virulent bug.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks Rebecca. I'm still cautious about eating, but I guess my body will let me know when it's ready.

My daughter came down with it a couple of days ago. She said that it just hit her all of the sudden and it is horrible. Sore throat, ear pain and body aches all over and running a temp of 102. She is so sick. I feel so bad for her. I pray that I don't get it.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I hope you and all my friends here remain free of that nasty bug. None of us need that added stress on our guts. Ugh! A prayer of health for you all.

Astra

Aw Andi!
Poor you, but I can empathise only too well, cos we've had the rampant vomiting bug here in Our House of Fun too! First me, then son, then Mark my beau.
I think that I brought it home with me on Friday from one of the little peeps in my school.
The worst thing, besides the vomiting, was that I felt that someone was constantly hitting me on the back of the head with a baseball bat, whilst sucking my eyeballs out with a Hoover! My God, head was on the pillow for 3 days, but my bod was in the bathroom!.
But.. I'm so glad it's only a bug, cos when I vomited on Monday, first thought was 'OMG, I'm blocked again'
So take care, hope you're all ok now
xxxxx

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
It sounds like our families have been through the same bug, Joan. Ugh! It definitely was miserable. I hope your family is feeling better too. Those little kids sure have a way of sharing their germs. LOL!

Astra

Yes Andi, defo the same bug!
The little girl I work with is a 'fiddler' (know what I mean?) lol
and I forgot to use the sanitiser gel, my fault!
But, my little family are ok now, burnt out, but ok!
xxx

ameslouise

Andi, hope you're on the mend!

We Crohnies live in fear of the stomach bug, don't we?!?!?!

Feel better soon! - Ames

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks again. Once again, I will be the last to recover, but CD trumps everything else and it lives it up with the stomach bug. LOL!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I think I've got this bug now too. I was feeling a little bit "off" all day, you know? Like oddly light-headed and just not myself. I felt fine stomach-wise until a couple hours after dinner, then bam! I got hit with the d and nausea. No vomiting yet - I'm one of those people who stubbornly refuses to vomit unless it's absolutely necessary. But I've got a plastic bag next to me just in case, and I'm waiting for the 2 Zofrans and the Lomotil I took to kick in. For now, sitting on the couch with my heating pad on my stomach. Yuck, miserable. :(

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh Cat! I'm sorry. That bug is horrible. Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh my gosh!!! LOL!!!! That is the truth! I have heard of people needing to sit on the toilet while also holding the trash can. Oh agony!

Thank goodness that my sink is right next to the toilet, for me it is called lean over sideways to the sink. Hate that though, when I have it going both ends at the same time. Usually it is one and then off and over the toilet for the other right after.