• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Persistent Numbness

Hey, hopefully someone can help, so a couple of weeks ago I woke up with an odd pins and needles like numbness in my left leg which over a few days got stronger to the point of limping, muscle and joint aches and a general struggle to put much weight on it. Saw my GP who suggested it could be arthritis and referred me to an osteotherapist. In the time between seeing them the numbness spread up my left arm - not as bad but still noticeable, and now additional back and neck stiffness. Saw the Osteo, tested strength and reflexes but was very reluctant to make a judgment other than its unlikely to be a slipped disc or trapped nerve as its not a localised pain and has referred me for an MRI head,neck and spine.
Whilst i wait for that i would be grateful if anyone had any thoughts, trying my best not to self diagnose and let my imagination get carried away!!

Thanks.

Crohns - current meds - infliximab, 6mp, allopurinol, pentasa.

I would ask your doctor but I wonder if it could have something to do with the medicine you are on? Ask your doctor.

I would see a neurologist as soon as possible. Any numbness is cause for a neurologist work up. Any other symptoms?

I would ask your doctor but I wonder if it could have something to do with the medicine you are on? Ask your doctor.
I actually had the same thought as it all kicked off a few days after my last infusion. Running some more bloods whilst waiting for the MRIs but unfortunately it sounds like they can't do much untill they get results through.

I would see a neurologist as soon as possible. Any numbness is cause for a neurologist work up. Any other symptoms?
Thanks, they have mentioned a neurologist a few times now but have decided to get me in for scans before they refer me. Managed to get an appointment with my IBD Dr, so will see what her take on it is. In terms of other symptoms there's nothing "new" just the day to day stuff, fatigues a lot worse than usual and just a really unsettling feeling of somethings wrong - if that makes any sense!