• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Vsl#3 - How much can you take?

I do the capsules daily I don't like the powder. How many do you all take? 2? 4? 8? you can take anywhere from 2-8 daily. I typically do 2 in the am and then 1-2 later in the evening.. but not sure if that is too many/too little

Do you already see results, guys? I would like to try it soon, fortunately I have my next gastroenterologist appointment soon, so I can ask him about VSL.

my little penguin

Staff member
It took DS a month to see results
Prescription strength is vsl#3 double strength packets (900 billion each packet )
Our Gi had DS take two packets a day for a month to build things up then 1 packet a day for maintenance.

It will cause cramping bloating and abdominal discomfort for the first month so be prepared

I've been on it for 1 1/2 months, 2 capsules daily. I started increasing it to 3-4.. not consisitent how many, depends on how I'm feeling.

quite honestly, this flare is so uncontrolled, I don't know what to do anymore!