• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this sound like IBD/crohns

I!m awaiting cam capsule for small bowel following negative gastrocope and virtual colonosxopy. My symptoms have been worse since March with low iron feritin but normal hemoglobin. No inflammation seen in blood. Nausea and small bowel is bloated. I have to drink and eat less. Urine output less which seems to point to partial bowel blockage, though impassing relatively normal shapd stools but with a bad odour/darker colour. No diarrhea. Nausea, some belly cramp. I don't really understand why fluid is not being absorbed or passing into large bowel. Im utterly fatigued too. Nowsinus mucous which I never had before.
I male, 56. Obviously concerned about tumors which are rare. I would be keen to hear from others with similar dilemma,,,,,, thanks

You might ask your doctor about taking iron pills or b12. I hope you get some answers from the cam capsule.
I was on iron for a month. The ferritin rose to 24 from 19. It dropped again and I came off iron and numbers increased to 25 which I cannot explain. Thanks for reply.

scottsma

Hello and welcome.Try not to worry about tumours,not easy I know.The trouble is,that diagnosis takes so long in the UK we can't help but worry.Please keep us updated after your future tests.There is always some-one on the forum having the same problems and I'm sure they'll be along soon with some positive advice.

scottsma

No matter.If you feel you need to go to A&E then GO.You know how you should be feeling and if you don't feel right it needs seeing to.You might just get some-one who understands IBD.Or make a nuisance of yourself at the GPs. Feel better soon.

Catherine

You say ferritin level has gone up. Did the hemoglobin level increase as well?

Have you had a iron panel or iron studies done?

You say ferritin level has gone up. Did the hemoglobin level increase as well?

Have you had a iron panel or iron studies done?
Thanks Catherine blood hgb was 12.5 but increased to13.8 then to 14 in last month. Not sure qbouth the iron panels. I wasjus told the,figures.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine blood hgb was 12.5 but increased to13.8 then to 14 in last month. Not sure qbouth the iron panels. I wasjus told the,figures.
Don't worry about iron panel as your haemoglobin went up when the ferritin went up.

Ferritin sometimes acts as a marker inflammation. When ferritin is acting as a marker of inflammation the ferritin level go up and the haemoglobin either falls or stay the same.

Don't worry about iron panel as your haemoglobin went up when the ferritin went up.

Ferritin sometimes acts as a marker inflammation. When ferritin is acting as a marker of inflammation the ferritin level go up and the haemoglobin either falls or stay the same.
Thanks, the fatigue is bad and did wonder about low iron