Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Partner suffering bad Crohn’s flare ups

01-13-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
Rachael9

Partner suffering bad Crohn’s flare ups

Hi, I am new to the support group.

My fiancé was diagnosed with Crohn’s a year ago, his flare ups are getting worse and more frequent, he’s spent the last two Christmas days in bed all day Anyone have any good meal plans to follow to help reduce symptoms please? Thanks x
01-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
zzx2847

Hi Sorry to hear. From what I take everyone is different. But smaller more frequent meals can help. Avoiding fiber helps me at times and staying away from heavily starchy or bulky foods.
01-14-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
Rachael9

Hi Sorry to hear. From what I take everyone is different. But smaller more frequent meals can help. Avoiding fiber helps me at times and staying away from heavily starchy or bulky foods.
I think the main problem will be adapting his food, we’ve always loved our food and both been big eaters. He’s spent the whole weekend bed bound again. He was on a course of steroids for a few months but as soon as they stopped he took a nose dive again. Going to plan my food shop around making set meals this week. Thanks for the reply x
01-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That is the advice my gi gave me shortly after my resection.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Partner suffering bad Crohn’s flare ups