• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Muscle Weakness With Humira?

So I've been having really bad muscle weakness, pain, and twinges while taking Humira. Which is obviously a huge pain because when it happens I can barely move. Anyone else have this problem?

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing those symptoms! Where are you getting pain? Is it joint pain, or nerve pain?
I'm getting joint pain, muscle weakness and pain, and then sharp pain in my ribs. I didn't have this problem before starting Humira (I've been on Humira for probably more than a year now). I mean, the Humira put my Crohn's into remission apparently, but... it's causing a bunch of other problems now.

If you started Humira within the first 3-4 months this is some what normal. Although uncomfortable if you can tolerate it, its worth putting up with it. Unless you have serious reactions stick with it. I personally went through so many issues with Humira at first.

I would definitely let your GI know so they can assess if it's from your Humira or not... if so they may choose to switch you to something else.
I've told him multiple times and he just goes on and on that he's not going to take me off of the humira and that I need to just suck it up and that if I went off of the humira I would flare up (cause I was one of the most severe cases he's ever seen apparently)

I swear, I almost punched him in the face.

I'm trying to get a referral to a rheumatologist cause I cannot deal with my GI.

If you started Humira within the first 3-4 months this is some what normal. Although uncomfortable if you can tolerate it, its worth putting up with it. Unless you have serious reactions stick with it. I personally went through so many issues with Humira at first.
Yeah, the problem is, I've been on it for more than 2 years now. The problems just keep getting worse.