• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Enbrel for Crohn's

Hello everyone!

I posted this in the wrong category before. Sorry, I'm new here.

I'm wondering if anyone out there is on Enbrel for Crohn's?

I used to be on Humira but my insurance stopped paying for it. However, in a massive example of stupidity, they would approve Enbrel.

I still don't understand.

Anyway, I have a 3-month supply of Enbrel currently. However, I don't see anything on Enbrel's website about its use in managing Crohn's disease.

I don't know if I need to do a "Starter Dose" (like with Humira, where one injects 4 times the first time, twice the second time, and then one time every other use) or just use it once a week. My doctor, when asked, shrugged and said "do what's on the box".

So, aside from needing a new doctor and new insurance, I'm looking around to see if anyone has any advice or stories about Enbrel and their experience with Crohn's?

Best,

Jeff