• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Poop Question about Mucus

Hello All,

I'm trying to figure out what is going on with me, so sorry for the somewhat graphic poop question.

I will have diarrhea bowel movements and there will be this somewhat see-through yellow stuff floating on the top of the toilet bowl while the poop sinks, or the poop will start off floating and then sink while the yellow stuff separates from it.

Sometimes too the poop will sink and I will flush and I will see all of these long yellow somewhat stringy things get stirred up by the flushing water.

Does this sound like mucus? I don't know what else it could be, other than possibly candida.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for this weekend but I would love to know what the heck these things I am seeing are.

Thanks!

Here is an equally graphic answer. It does sound like mucus to me. I know that when I get mucus with my stool I do not notice so much in the toilet bowl but what you are describing is on my toilet paper when I wipe. I would like your doctor know about it next time you go it. And hopefully your colonoscopy goes well!

Here is an equally graphic answer. It does sound like mucus to me. I know that when I get mucus with my stool I do not notice so much in the toilet bowl but what you are describing is on my toilet paper when I wipe. I would like your doctor know about it next time you go it. And hopefully your colonoscopy goes well!

Yep, me too! Only started happening recently [emoji37]