• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here and in remission :)

When I turned 19 I had crippling stomach aches constantly, so bad I had to be signed off sick during my gap year job. I was vaguely diagnosed in August 2011with Crohn's, after which I still never felt well on any of the medication. Starting Uni in September 2011 was hell, I had no energy, constantly in pain and unable to eat so lost a lot of weight. Then I changed to another hospital in July 2012 and had my diagnosis confirmed, had lots of tests, and I was intially put on prednisone and then azathioprine. Now I am in remission! Been on aza for 6 months now, and although it took over 2 years, I am so happy as I have gained all my weight back, barely ever get any pain and feel myself again! :)

Been on (since August 2011):

Omeprazole
Prednisone
Budesonide
Calcium
Folic Acid
Aloe Vera
Metronidazole
Ciprofloxacin

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am so pleased to hear that the tum has settled for you! Do you still have to be careful with what you eat? What dosage of the Aza are you on?

AB
xx

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am so pleased to hear that the tum has settled for you! Do you still have to be careful with what you eat? What dosage of the Aza are you on?

AB
xx
Thank you! Yep, I have to avoid spicy or greasy foods, and also some fruit (especially pineapple). I try to avoid dairy as much as possible too. I am on 150mg of aza a day :) did aza not work for you?

x

Angrybird

It did a great job for the tum but unfortunately gave me issues with low bloods counts etc so we have now just had to draw a line under it. I am on it's 'sister' med now and doing very well.

Crohnie92,

So good to hear you are in remission.
Are you on the antibiotic treatment used by Dr Borody? How long are going to be on the antibiotics?

Thank you :)

I'm sorry I've never heard of that dr, who is he?

I'm on the azathioprine for the next 6 years, provided everything is okay with my blood tests!

Keep us informed of how you are doing.
It is always so nice to hear when others are in remission and what worked.
My daughters Crohns is in her colon and she is on Remicade, asacol and a cortifoam. All is working well together for her right now and she is symptom free.

wish you the best.
any advice from you on what works is much appreciated.