• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don't know where else to put this but I know you guys will understand.

I just got REALLY excited that the hospital lab is open on the weekends so I can do/bring them my stool sample on Saturday and not have to worry about missing work or coming up with a plausible story of while I'll be late. This is the weirdest luxury ever. Haha. :p

Trysha

Staff member
This is good news
All labs should be open at least on a Saturday morning.
So glad to hear it works for you

Thats great. I think labs should be open 24 hours really. I mean they can hire different people to work the different shifts. But yeah, awesome that they are open!

I was telling someone that I have to do (lol) another sample (hi, I'm that gross friend!) and they said "Oh I'd probably get performance anxiety!" I was like, "Yeeaaaahhh that's not gonna be a problem for me." And for the record, this is probably the first time I've ever laughed about my stupid Crohn's!

I've just started recently reading and posting again since being in this flare and this forum makes me feel so normal. I've been feeling REALLY bad for myself lately and this board is helping me snap out of it knowing that I'm in such good company.

I just got REALLY excited that the hospital lab is open on the weekends so I can do/bring them my stool sample on Saturday and not have to worry about missing work or coming up with a plausible story of while I'll be late. This is the weirdest luxury ever. Haha. :p
A great king of funny!I remember when I had to take mine in, the nurse on the phone said, ' "make sure the container is closed tightly because if there's a mess, we won't take it!" ' I'm thinking only an idiot would not know that. She said, '"you'd be surprised what people try to bring in here!" ' Gross!:yfrown:

I was telling someone that I have to do (lol) another sample (hi, I'm that gross friend!) and they said "Oh I'd probably get performance anxiety!" I was like, "Yeeaaaahhh that's not gonna be a problem for me." And for the record, this is probably the first time I've ever laughed about my stupid Crohn's!

I've just started recently reading and posting again since being in this flare and this forum makes me feel so normal. I've been feeling REALLY bad for myself lately and this board is helping me snap out of it knowing that I'm in such good company.
So glad it is helping you! You are normal ya know? You just have an illness!:rosette2:

This reminded me of the time I handed the lab my stool sample and the girl says "No, they asked for a stool sample."
"Sadly, that IS a stool sample." I replied.

Ya got to laugh!

It sure would be nice if the health care industry was more working adult friendly. We have some after hours clinics, and of course there is the ER. But for those of us with a chronic condition missing work for appointments, and tests is a huge problem. I get weekly Venifur infusions that in total take 2 hours. But the out patient clinic will not schedule Saturday appointments unless it's life threatening, even if they already have other patients scheduled. Plus they will only start an infusion between 8AM and 2:30 PM. If you have a normal day shift job, you are at your employer's mercy to get the meds you need.

LOL! That reminded me of one particular flare that had me anemic. My hubs and I went to pick up the iron from the pharmacy, and the pharmacist was counseling me about the warnings...told me be careful of constipation. I told him that I have Crohn's disease, so I pray for constipation. I thought it was funny, my husband nearly died of embarrassment.

Speaking of which... So I dropped off my sample today and the lab was deserted but as SOON as I got to the window and had to say "I'm dropping off a stool sample" someone naturally got right behind me in line. :ylol:

When I was a student nurse I was asked to get a stool sample from one of our patients who had GI problems. His food was so untouched by any digestive process it may as well have just come off the plate! I remember chasing a whole pea around the bedpan and trying to catch it on the little spoon that's attached to the pot lid so it could go off to the lab!:ybiggrin:

It is the little things in life, isn't it? Our lab is also open Saturday mornings, and it is so nice to be able to go in then for my blood tests.