• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Unsure about possible diagnosis? ?

New to the page would appreciate any feedback back I'm 36 always suffered colds flus that standard over counter drugs would not treat ended up on antibiotics most of the time however this year was totally different abscess started October I had them all over my feet and a dental abscess then the perianal abscess fistula and another abscess so I've had three euas in two months in also lack in folic acid but this is the question I don't suffer diarrhoea all the time I sometimes have it but i though that this was part and parcel of Crohn's I am having a mri hopefully within 2_3 weeks I just wondered has anyone on here been diagnosed with Crohn's without the diarrhoea ?? Thank you kindly for any advice or replies

Welcome. Everyone's symptoms are different so you might have Crohns Disease. It is hard to say. Let us know what you find out.

scottsma

I agree with Ron.Welcome to the forum.If you ask in the "search" box at the top of the page you will get threads which have discussed your question.I hope your appointment is not to long in coming.Waiting can be a pain,especially in the U.K.

Just type in Crohns without diarrhea.

Many crohn's sufferers do not have diarrhea. Crohn's of the small bowel, which I have, can present with constipation rather than diarrhea.

I agree with Ron.Welcome to the forum.If you ask in the "search" box at the top of the page you will get threads which have discussed your question.I hope your appointment is not to long in coming.Waiting can be a pain,especially in the U.K.

Just type in Crohns without diarrhea.
yes it's all been a bit miserable and inconvenient to say the least I always thought what is wrong with me and my immune system but I never thought of Crohn's Ron

Yes constipation would be more me until recently it feels like everything is up the left so to speak guys I think from what I hear it have a good consultant on board so fingers crossed guys I'd just like to return to a half normal life with the kids

scottsma

You're on the right road and you might possibly be relieved if your diagnosis is crohns.At least you can put a name to it and move forward.Lot's of us on the forum have mild or only occasional problems.Once you get meds that suit you, it's possible life will be good again.

You're on the right road and you might possibly be relieved if your diagnosis is crohns.At least you can put a name to it and move forward.Lot's of us on the forum have mild or only occasional problems.Once you get meds that suit you, it's possible life will be good again.
I hope so could hardly get up this morning I was sweating through the night I have zero energy my one year old is running around wrecking the house and I'm coming like a snail behind her I hardly got my coffee drank had to run to the toilet this morning and basically I just want to sit and cry I'm wondering am I bruing another infection or is it just because I'm only home on Friday from hospital it's all just a bit miserable I really feel for you guys if this is Crohn's x

I just wondered also can they diagnose Crohn's from a mri they said because I've just had a eua they will wait six to eight weeks before they do a colonoscpy? ?