• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm tired of pretending

I'm tired of pretending I don't hurt.
I'm tired of pretending I'm okay.
This stupid disease makes me want to escape my own body and that's not okay.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I'm sorry to hear all of this :( But, there are many of us who have been there. Thank you for opening up to us! Sending many hugs and support your way. :hug:

afidz

Super Moderator
Hang in there, this disease is VERY hard to deal with.
Could you tell us a little about yourself? Maybe we can give you pointers on how to deal or just simply be there for you to listen.
You don't have to pretend, were not ok. Crohn's wears on every aspect of your life, mental and physical and a lot of times its hard to find the support you need from friends and family because simply put, unless they have this disease they don't understand. And of course thats no fault of their own.
I'm glad you found this forum, in the year that I have been on it I have been blessed by so many people willing to help me through the toughest parts. We are all there for eachother, even if its half way around the world through a computer screen :p

nogutsnoglory

Hugs! You don't have to pretend here. We are all in this struggle together. It totally sucks, no sugar coating it but at least we can battle the stickiness of this disease together here. Tell us more about what's going on for you.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm sorry you are feeling this way right now :(

The majority of us here, including myself, are all too familiar with this feeling. I wish there was a way to make everyone understand up front what it is that we have to deal with. Unfortunately we sometimes truly do have to "fake it" sometimes just to get by.

On the PLUS side of this situation.... sometimes faking it can actually show you that you can live a reasonably normal life with this disease. But of course we need to learn to find a healthy balance between coping with it and moving on with our lives given our circumstances.

I really hope things start to look up for you very soon. And of course you always have us here as an outlet and for support. You don't ever have to "fake it" here on the forum :hug:

I'm tired of pretending I don't hurt.
I'm tired of pretending I'm okay.
This stupid disease makes me want to escape my own body and that's not okay.

I am so sorry... This is very hard to deal with at times... People that don't have it have no clue what we have to deal with.... I'm going to the bathroom a lot and I am getting so frustrated cause i am trying to get a test scheduled and can't cause the doctor WONT CALL ME BACK!