• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gallbladder vs No gallbladder

Had mine out during an exploratory surgery when theywere trying to figure out what was wrong with me before my Crohns diagnosis.

Just this last year though when I had an obstruction, they did an upper scope on the bile duct. Told me I could still have gall bladder stones and problems inside the duct. Huh...

I'm a nurse and never knew..... :lol2:

Gall Bladder Removed 2011
Crohn's diagnosis after agonizing 2 and a half year and sever symptoms the last 3 months on 23/05/13

Just this last year though when I had an obstruction, they did an upper scope on the bile duct. Told me I could still have gall bladder stones and problems inside the duct. Huh...

I'm a nurse and never knew..... :lol2:
My PCP told me the same thing a few weeks ago. Amazing, isn't it?

I had my Gallbladder out about 2 1/2 years ago. Crohn's is a tentative diagnosis as of last month.

I still have mine but have a huge gall stone. I have acid problems alot and bile acid very bad. The only thing that worked for it was cholestyramine. My butt isn't on fire and it controls the D quite well for me.