• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling overwhelmed

I'm new to this forum, or forums in general. I've never been to a support group, etc. But it's 3 AM and my insomnia is getting the best of me.
I'm 23 and haven't really met any Crohn's patients since being diagnosed over a decade ago. I try no to let my disease define who I am, but it greatly shapes it. With that said, I've always looked for comrades with whom I can share a gutsy sense of homophily. It's hard for me to make friends, as I'm the anxious type. I'm new to the area I moved and hardly know anyone. My disease seems to be getting the best of me, as I'm behind schedule for my remicade due to insurance issues. I'm in a great amount of medical debt and feeling hopeless. I'm laid off right now and the stress keeps growing. I'm struggling to make ends meet. I'm starting to think I'm losing my marbles. I usually march on without letting others know what's going on inside my head, but I feel weak right now. Thanks for hearing me out. I know I'm not alone and just felt like throwing this out there. So if you're struggling and feeling a little glum, I'm here with an ear.

Welcome. There is a program called Remistart which might be able to help you financially with Remicade.
I appreciate the input. I've been enrolled in Remistart, but the hospital still hasn't sent them the documentation of my treatments. Do you use Remistart? If so, is there anyway I can speed up the verification process? I'm out of network and will be switching hospitals anyway. I don't know what I can do at this point that the hospital may not have been doing. My hospital's financial office hasn't really been friendly. I'm just almost a month behind and my health is slipping.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Indiana, you are definitely not alone. I can relate to a lot of what you wrote, I have a hard time making new friends as well as I'm extremely introverted and awkward (trust me, I'm much cooler on the internet than in real life!). I'm also facing possibly being laid off in the near future so I really feel for you in that regard, it's terrifying and stressful to lose not only income but also health insurance. I hope you can find a new job soon, and I really hope you can get your remicade ASAP.

You are definitely not losing your marbles. You're reacting perfectly reasonably to a really awful situation. Whatever you're feeling, it's okay to feel that way. You don't need to put on a facade of being "strong". You are strong, even if you feel weak, I promise. You're dealing with some pretty serious stuff and you're not giving up - that to me is strength, even if you cry or have strong emotions about it. Believe me, I cry a LOT. And I complain a lot too. But I don't give up either. So it's okay, honestly - having this illness, you tend to go through a lot of grieving. You grieve the life you thought you'd have, and that grieving process doesn't necessarily end. So allow yourself to feel those feelings, it's okay. We're all here to support you and we've all been through similar, so we know how you're feeling. Please keep us posted on how you're doing and when you're able to get your remicade infusion.

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you've only just found us.You've come to a great place, where you'll get lots of support,understanding,advice and friendship.I hope the finances get sorted very soon so that you begin to feel better.

I appreciate the input. I've been enrolled in Remistart, but the hospital still hasn't sent them the documentation of my treatments. Do you use Remistart? If so, is there anyway I can speed up the verification process? I'm out of network and will be switching hospitals anyway. I don't know what I can do at this point that the hospital may not have been doing. My hospital's financial office hasn't really been friendly. I'm just almost a month behind and my health is slipping.
It has been a while but it seems like I had to send documentation to the people at Remistart.

Hi Indiana, you are definitely not alone. I can relate to a lot of what you wrote, I have a hard time making new friends as well as I'm extremely introverted and awkward (trust me, I'm much cooler on the internet than in real life!). I'm also facing possibly being laid off in the near future so I really feel for you in that regard, it's terrifying and stressful to lose not only income but also health insurance. I hope you can find a new job soon, and I really hope you can get your remicade ASAP.

You are definitely not losing your marbles. You're reacting perfectly reasonably to a really awful situation. Whatever you're feeling, it's okay to feel that way. You don't need to put on a facade of being "strong". You are strong, even if you feel weak, I promise. You're dealing with some pretty serious stuff and you're not giving up - that to me is strength, even if you cry or have strong emotions about it. Believe me, I cry a LOT. And I complain a lot too. But I don't give up either. So it's okay, honestly - having this illness, you tend to go through a lot of grieving. You grieve the life you thought you'd have, and that grieving process doesn't necessarily end. So allow yourself to feel those feelings, it's okay. We're all here to support you and we've all been through similar, so we know how you're feeling. Please keep us posted on how you're doing and when you're able to get your remicade infusion.
I appreciate your kind words and support. It means a lot to me right now. I'm saddened to hear that you can relate. And I hope the best for your job situation. Thanks for making me feel as if I'm not being melodramatic. I feel as if it's very true what you'd said regarding the self-grievance. I suppose we can't help but to wonder what life would be like without the complications.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you've only just found us.You've come to a great place, where you'll get lots of support,understanding,advice and friendship.I hope the finances get sorted very soon so that you begin to feel better.
Hello and thank you for the welcome. I can tell I'll be quite fond of the forum.

It has been a while but it seems like I had to send documentation to the people at Remistart.
Thank you. I haven't been able to get anywhere on the phone with my former hospital. I'll go in-person to their offices to get documention for my rebates and send it in myself.