Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira Club Support Group

06-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #3331
Lynda Lynda

Thanks !
06-22-2018, 04:03 AM   #3332
thike1966

My Support Groups:
Lynda,
Here in the US, children are now getting the non stinging shots.

So hopefully, since Itís good enough fot kids, then adults should get it soon.

QUOTE=lgpcarter;1009446]Joined this thread again on my 2nd go-around with Humira. Starting again on a higher dose (not sure what dose until it arrives) to try to heal fistulas. Also staying on Entyvio. Extremely thankful for excellent drug insurance today!

Trying the pre-filled syringes instead of the pens this time, especially if I am doing weekly or perhaps even two doses weekly.

Encouraged to hear that a non-burning formula is in the works. Though I won't hold my breath for getting it in Canada. Health Canada takes even longer than the FDA to approve things.[/QUOTE]
06-22-2018, 07:27 PM   #3333
Lynda Lynda

I have to use the pens.
I qualified for financial assistance, they send me the pens.
So it is the pens for the next 90 days.
The pens aren't too bad.
After June 25th I only do one pen every two weeks.
Take Care.
07-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #3334
Lynda Lynda

Ok, is anyone taking Humira AND the 6mp pill together ? And what side effects have you experienced? Some of these threads are dead or have extremely low activity, so I am asking this question here. I did not want to start a new thread. Thanks.
07-09-2018, 03:34 AM   #3335
emmaaaargh
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm taking Humira and azathioprine (which is broken down in the body to 6mp). I was on azathioprine for 5 years before adding the Humira. They're often used together because the azathioprine can reduce the likelihood of developing antibodies to the Humira, keeping it working for longer.
Currently on: Inflectra 5 mg/kg, azathioprine 37.5mg
07-11-2018, 11:49 PM   #3336
Lynda Lynda

I gave my injection on Monday in my abdomen. I use the Humira pens. It did not hurt very much at all. All my other injections really burned.
08-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #3337
jacinthebox

My Support Groups:
Hey Im Jessica. Recently healed from my latest surgery and trying to sneak back into remission! Just got back on 6mp and waiting in the approval from insurance to get back on humira(since my veins are no longer capable of taking the beating of regular infusions) Also desperately hoping I haven't developed antibodies since I wasn't on it for long before(fingers crossed).
08-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #3338
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
Hey Im Jessica. Recently healed from my latest surgery and trying to sneak back into remission! Just got back on 6mp and waiting in the approval from insurance to get back on humira(since my veins are no longer capable of taking the beating of regular infusions) Also desperately hoping I haven't developed antibodies since I wasn't on it for long before(fingers crossed).
Hope it works out for you! Are they testing you for antibodies or just waiting to see if it works?

Seton placement (2) and fistulotomy December 2013. Setons removed July 2014. 3 more setons June 2018.

Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy July 2016, 25 cms removed

Current meds: Humira 2 shots weekly, Entyvio every 4 weeks, Vitamin D 2000 IU

Previously: Remicade, Simponi, Pentasa, Sulphasalazine, Entocort, Stelara, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Imuran, Cipro and Flagyl

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira Club Support Group