• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itching white blisters

I've been on Humira for about 8 months. I always get a welt at the site of the injection that lasts about three days. I take an antihistamine and ranitidine to keep down the swelling and it usually works quite well.
Last night, which was three days after my last injection, my injection site started to pitch in a stabbing, painful way. I pulled up my shirt and noticed a white circle about 1/2 inch in diameter at the site. Today, I got the same panful itching and white circle on the right side of my stomach, according to my injection log, exactly at the site of my injection there weeks ago. I took some more ranitidine. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've been on Humira for about 8 months. I always get a welt at the site of the injection that lasts about three days. I take an antihistamine and ranitidine to keep down the swelling and it usually works quite well.
Last night, which was three days after my last injection, my injection site started to pitch in a stabbing, painful way. I pulled up my shirt and noticed a white circle about 1/2 inch in diameter at the site. Today, I got the same panful itching and white circle on the right side of my stomach, according to my injection log, exactly at the site of my injection there weeks ago. I took some more ranitidine. Has this happened to anyone else?
I might contact your doctor .

I figured out on my own that it's shingles.
I started taking Valacyclovir since new blisters kept appearing. I see on WebMD that Valacyclovir is used "to prevent shingles in patients without a normal immune system." I guess that means me as long as I am on Humira. I'm getting some dizziness from the Valacyclovir. Anyone else have experience with this drug?