• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Glossary of terminology

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in July 2011 and have found this forum very helpful. There are terms people use that I am unfamiliar with. One user wrote about an MR Enterography, another developed a seton. There are many more that i have run across. Is there a glossary of IBD related terms?

KWalker

Seton....develop.... OUCH! lol A seton is actually something surgically "installed" (haha) to help with a fistula. A fistula, is a second anus for lack of better terms. A seton is used to keep the hole open so it can drain the infection, although they don't have the greatest success rates.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
If you see someone use a term in a thread and you do not see it in the Crohn's Forum Wiki I suggest you make a post asking what that term means in the thread.

The member's don't bite, I promise :).