• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Remicade after surgery

I had my last dose of Remicade in March. I had my surgery 1month ago. My doctor wants to restart it right away or my body will reject it. Any thoughts?

If you doc is comfortable I would go for it. March-July is a long time between doses so I ant see why your doc would want to restart asap.

You might have less of a chance of antibodies building up the sooner you start it back? If that is the case, follow what your doctor wants

You might have less of a chance of antibodies building up the sooner you start it back? If that is the case, follow what your doctor wants
I have an open wound, which my surgeon wants it to heal before starting Remicade. I was thinking of starting with flaggyl while I am waiting for the wound to heal. Any thoughts?

I have an open wound, which my surgeon wants it to heal before starting Remicade. I was thinking of starting with flaggyl while I am waiting for the wound to heal. Any thoughts?
Ah well that changes things somewhat. Have your GI and surgeon talked? If not I would encourage them to do so.

About the Flagyl: I would talk to your GI. It may help your Crohns symptoms but it won't prevent Remicade antibody build up.