• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Daughter with Crohn's and support....

Not sure I'm in the right place. My 26 yr old daughter was diagnosed with crohns 10 yrs ago. She Is very depressed and has a negative attitude, "why me " attitude. She doesn't work and has no income. She doesn't seem to have any get up and go about her. I'm sure that there is no way that I will ever be able to fully understand what having crohns is like . I want to be supportive without enabling her. She is so negative and i often just don't want to hear it. I love my daughter and I want to support her without losing my own sanity.

During my first flare, I was saying why me. Can you take her for some professional help? It is common for people with IBD to get depressed. This forum is very supportive.

scottsma

Not sure I'm in the right place. My 26 yr old daughter was diagnosed with crohns 10 yrs ago. She Is very depressed and has a negative attitude, "why me " attitude. She doesn't work and has no income. She doesn't seem to have any get up and go about her. I'm sure that there is no way that I will ever be able to fully understand what having crohns is like . I want to be supportive without enabling her. She is so negative and i often just don't want to hear it. I love my daughter and I want to support her without losing my own sanity.
Hello and welcome.I can understand your predicament.It's good that you're seeking help.We have a carers / partners thread that you will find helpful.Sorry I can't think of the correct heading,but if you have a look round,or type it into the search box at the top of this page,you'll find it.I'm not good at techno stuff.Maybe you could ask your daughter if she'd like a look round too ? There's lots of support and advice and friendship on this forum.It's the best.