• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What to Expect

I was diagnosed with Crohn's about two years ago and was prescribed Entocort. I took it for about two months and felt much better but it really impacted by sleep cycle so I stopped. I have not had any symptoms for two years until a month ago I had blood in my stool. It was only one occasion and has not returned.

My question is what to expect with this disease. I was diagnosed as having mild symptoms and other than a light dull pain in my LRQ I am typically a normally functioning healthy 34 year old male.

However, I worry that my symptoms could return and even get worse. I am not a person who likes to take medication but I worry that if I don't that I might be in for some rough times in the future.

Is there anyone here who has mild symptoms and did nothing? I am just afraid as to what the future holds if I do not take the meds now. . .

Thank you everyone!!!!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Hi Reyno

Welcome to the forum. Well, here is my 2 cents....It doesn't sound like you need steriods at moment. Were you ever on any of the Melsalamine meds?
(Asacol/Pentasa) Those meds are fairly benign as far side affects and do help with the inflammation. I would continue with those even if you are feeling better. My first 5 years of the disease I had mild symptoms and was in remission for a while. I got lax on taking my Asacol and thats when I really started having trouble...I hope that helps.