Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » What religion do you identify with, if any?

View Poll Results: What religion do you identify with, if any?
Christianity 128 43.24%
Judiasm 17 5.74%
Islam 6 2.03%
Hinduism 2 0.68%
Buddhism 9 3.04%
Agnostic / Atheist 93 31.42%
Undecided 13 4.39%
Other 28 9.46%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

10-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #121
BlindLogic

Realist.
I was raised/programmed to be a Catholic.
I de-programmed myself as soon as I grew a modest-sized brain.

For those people who would like a good myth to spice up their reality, I suggest that they re-discover the ancient Greek/Roman mythology/religion. It has the advantages of having a fuller cast of characters and of being less sexist than the currently popular Abrahamic religions. For example, it is inclusive of important female characters in leading roles such as God-the-Mother and many Daughters-of-God.

The Son-of-God character, Hercules, who is born from God-the-Father's affair with a virgin mortal woman, has the advantages of having a more legendary arsenal of superpowers and more epic conquests/miracles than the hero in the Christian story.

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so."
Mark Twain

"Give logic a chance."
"Give me logic or give me death."
"In Logic We Trust"
BlindLogic/JohnLennon/PatrickHenry/UncleSam

#LogicWins
01-14-2016, 12:08 AM   #122
Adadzio

My Support Groups:
I'm a Hebrew Catholic (so yep, I have some of the Ashkenazi genes). Currently not actively practicing the Mass due to my health issues. However I still get a lot of consolation and support from my faith community. I also do a lot of interreligious research in my work (I lived in a majority Muslim country for a while, and studied Buddhist-Hindu-Muslim relations)

My partner is in seminary with the UCC (probably the most progressive strand of Protestantism) though he was raised Catholic as well. We get a good laugh during our theological discussions
01-14-2016, 12:36 AM   #123
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Im a follower of Jesus Christ.
Amen
01-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #124
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I was brought up as a Christian and went to a church of England primary school. I have not done the going to church thing for years. As I feel that God is all around not just in a church. I have asked for help from Him over the years and feel that I have had my prayers answered many times. So I do believe I just don't do going to church. I think that whatever religion you follow it should be for good not evil. I respect everyone's religion. May your God bless you if you have one. If not may the universe bless you. 💕

Last edited by fuzzy butterfly; 01-18-2016 at 02:07 PM.
01-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #125
shankar

My Support Groups:
Raised Hindu.. And then became an Atheist around 16.. hindu religion has lotta stories which are impossible to believe in.. Well , its a very old religion , so its obvious..
01-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #126
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am a blood bought Christian.

02-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #127
shankar

My Support Groups:
Looking at the polls... Crohn's attack christians a lot .. Just kidding ..
02-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #128
hcrum87hc

My Support Groups:
I was born into a Christian home, and accepted Jesus at a young age. I have remained faithful all of my life.

Officially diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in June, 2014 2 weeks before 27th birthday after ER visit due to partial blockage (stricture).

Current Meds:
Humira-40 mg every other week
Imuran-150 mg/day

Surgeries: Ileocecectomy 7/13/16 removed 60cm of small intestines.

Status: All inflamed and strictured intestines removed. All remaining intestines are currently healthy.
03-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #129
rcmacdo

My Support Groups:
I'm a Reform Jew. For the past few years I've been gravitating a bit towards Modern Orthodox Judaism, though. (I won't go Ultra-Orthodox.) I tend to be more observant than many other Reform Jews. I was born and raised as a Reform Jew. My mother's side is Jewish to as far back as we can trace. Ashkenazi Jews to be precise. (They're from Germany, Russia, Romania, and Belarus.) Dad's side is mainly Irish Catholic. (They also came from Scotland, a little bit of Wales, and a tiny bit came from Canada.) Dad doesn't really feel she belongs in any religion, although she leans a bit towards Buddhism. Interesting thing is the only other relatives I know that have Crohn's are from my dad's side. They say it's more prevalent with Ashkenazi Jews. But, then again, neither side of the family talks much to each other. My parents wanted to first raise me Jewish, but I always had a choice. If I felt more 'at home' with other religions or none of them, they still would have supported me. I don't think my mom would have been happy if I did become Orthodox, though. I think she felt weird about it ever since her sister became Ultra-Orthodox.
12-11-2016, 02:14 AM   #130
TLF1996

I believe in all religions and the lessons they teach.

Religions are all about having faith and believing in a greater power.

This can help when you're going through bad periods caused by poor health.

The greater power for Crohn's is science and one-day science will find a cure, you just have to have faith and persevere in the meantime.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » What religion do you identify with, if any?