• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira Weekly?

Anybody on Weekly Humira injections? On weekly Methotrexate and bi-weekly Humira at present. Sounds like quite a whack of immune-suppressants.

Thanks

I'm on the same dosage. Humira once every 15 days. So far haven't needed anything else to keep it under control.

I took Humira weekly for a while. It didn't work for me, but I didn't have problems with infections and wasn't sick with colds etc anymore than normal.

I started 6MP two weeks ago and my symptoms have been worse! Appointment with my doctor on Friday to discuss Humira. I am so nervous but I hope it works and beats the alternative.

Am on Humira weekly and 15 mg of Methotrexate weekly and 20 mg of Pred daily can we say walking drug store?

I hear ya' Grumpy. I'm also on other meds to try to deal with some of the side effects of Humira which unfortunately don't really even work anymore. Lately. I think i'm the drugstore's best customer. You know it's bad when all the pharmacists know you by name like you just showed up at the local bar.

Oh, I can so appreciate that. Norm is better than Cliff though. My case would be Carla or one of the other annoying females.

Humira weekly didn't work for me so it's on to Remicade next week. Imuran, Prednisone, Ranitidine and a couple others. Add in the various vitamins and it's literally a handful each morning and evening. My pharmacy gives reward points per prescription and I can accumulate them pretty quickly. :ysmile:

Shanen, I hope that Remicade works for you - it worked really well really quickly for me unfortunately I had a very bad reaction to it on my fourth infusion which sucked. The humira still hasn't kicked in hence the Methotrexate and the prednisone and all the appropriate vitamins and topirimate and.....

Well I am on Humira Bi-weekly and MTX (preservative free) weekly. I'm now considered over wright 2 years after starting this combination.

I'm not wild about taking that much but am glad I didn't have to combine Imuran with Humira. Yes, two injections every other week. I'm bionic.

I have been on weekly Humira for 12 weeks and feel worse but my blood results are coming back better. I dont understand. Crp 51 from 127 3 weeks ago but fecal calprotectin level is 1700. Can humira hide blood markers?xx

wow im on it every 15 days and the side effects are making me so miserable. 4 yrs of it. im going to try to take it every 16 days and see if the side effects go down without the fact that it works for crohns ending. sorry tired don't know If that made sense

I've been taking it bi-weekly, but while it started out working well, I never quite made it into remission and I've been slowly getting worse. Having a blood test next week to figure out if I've developed antibodies or if the drug just isn't lasting long enough in my system.

I had to go from every 14 days to every 10 days to dial the dosage in so my fistula would heal.

I would not worry about going to a weekly injection, especially if it helps.

Good Luck

Thanks for your reply Mike. My problem is basically just the side effects. It works very well at every 15 days to keep it in remission but the side effects are just so bad. I have been taking it on the 16th day here and there but I know it's taking a chance. I really needed a little break from the side effects though so it's worth taking a chance. It feels great when the side effects go lower.

Hey Guys, as I said I take a shot once a week and I had a special blood test done by Humira, they sent a nurse to my home and tested my blood which had to be done "24 - 48 hours prior to my next shot" so basically on the Thursday or Friday of any week to see how much Humira was in my system being as I am taking weekly shots. I got the results 2 weeks later and surprisingly enough there was very little Humira in my system. Having said that they are not sure if it is because my body metabolises the Humira very quickly or whether I am not getting enough Humira - I choose the first option by way.
Weekly injections were making a marked improvement with the MTX and prednisone, but unfortunately I haven't been able to take Humira since January when I got the flu - I get to go back on it this weekend and weirdly enough am looking forward to it. I hope that you all are well.