• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible to have a flare up?

I've been on Humira for 6 months and it was working great. A month ago I started having cramps and some D, it happens once a day, then I feel fine. Is this a flare up? Will it go away or will I have to switch to new medication? It's the 3rd I try, prednisone and Imuran did not work very well. I'm just tired of switching and having to deal with weight gain and different side effects every time. My crohn's isn't bad enough for surgery, it's just stubborn

I refuse to go on prednisone again, since I felt worse on it than I do without it..

Any advice?

I have days like that too I have good days and bad days!!! For the most part Humira is working my blood test show that I still have inflammation but I feel better!!!

I just stopped predisone I have been on it since March not good!!!! My dr said that it may take up to a year to fully work and some people never go into remission but the symptom improve greatly!!

I've been on Humira for 6 months and it was working great. A month ago I started having cramps and some D, it happens once a day, then I feel fine. Is this a flare up? Will it go away or will I have to switch to new medication? It's the 3rd I try, prednisone and Imuran did not work very well. I'm just tired of switching and having to deal with weight gain and different side effects every time. My crohn's isn't bad enough for surgery, it's just stubborn

I refuse to go on prednisone again, since I felt worse on it than I do without it..

Any advice?
I have. Even on Humira almost a year and have had similar mild flare symptoms. I think it is tolerable for me, hopefully for you too!!!:)

I have been good for 7 months, I noticed in the last few years is flare ups happen more in the fall and winter months than the summer. Crohn's can flush Vitamin D and B12 therefore lack of sunlight I feel affects flare ups, my GI says Crohn's seems to look for a reason to attack I can recognize the onset of flare ups. Then it is time to stick with soups and drinks.

nogutsnoglory

If it's manageable and your GI doesn't think you are having inflammation you are probably ok to stay on it. If it's not slowing down or stopping inflammation than it's not doing its job as an anti-TNF agent.

After being on the H for 3½ years I have experienced a bad day every month or two. But as time has gone on those bad days are fewer and fewer.

Good Luck