10-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #1
Cdaisydo

Perianal abscess

Hi so I donít really know where to start. I donít have crohns, Iím so sorry for you all suffering.

A couple of months ago I felt a lump, just under my vagina. I ignored it. This weekend it came back. It felt so large (probably wasnít) it just hurt to do everything. So I had a hot shower and after, I lay down and had a feel, I pushed on the lump gently and pus came out of my anus (tmi) I did it again and more came out and I think I got a good bit out.

I havenít told anyone about this, especially after reading some horror stories. I avoid doctors especially hospitals. Iím so embarrassed about this, im scared to go to the doctor incase she sends me to hospital to get it drained, I hate the thought of anyone looking at me Ďthereí

I know I shouldnít be full of so much pride but I really feel so disgusting and ashamed I suppose and I donít know what to do.

Iím just trying to reach out.

Is it good that it drained on its own?
10-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
Jeremys

I just had surgery to check out a perianal Abscess, it was actually a fistula, I now have a seton.

At first it was weird. I am 43 and have never had anything placed in my nether regions. I am not ashamed or disgusted to say I feel like Marcellus Wallace in Pulp fiction on my 2nd day out of surgery.

You just have to swallow your pride. it's time for you to go to the doctor. You don't want sepsis and if its a fistula, it wont heal on its own.

Sincerely,

Jeremy, the 43 year old man who wears feminine pads to control drainage from a seton that is draining out of "that area"
10-10-2018, 02:10 AM   #3
Cdaisydo

Aw thank you! Iím so sorry if I sound so stuck up!

I may as well be honest.. I was assaulted last year and from then.. I just donít want to be touched by the opposite sex. I know itís irritational to think this way. This is honestly the first time Iíve actually spoken about it.

The process from Iíve gsthrted, I go to my doctor and sheíll send me to a&e to get it drained. I donít want to turn into a drama queen and refuse to let a male touch me or break down and tell more people.

I feel silly!

Iím so sorry you have to go through this right now Jeremy, the 43 year old who knows whatís good for him!
10-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
Jeremys

I'm very sorry you were assaulted. Your thoughts are not irrational at all. Request a female Dr and try to explain to them why you are hesitant, what concerns you and how you feel.

Your health care is important. Standing up for yourself is super important as well. If you are here, on these boards, you are suffering.

Suffering is unavoidable but manageable. I hope you find a Dr. that you are comfortable enough around to get your problem looked at. I also think therapist are awesome.

This stuff is pretty serious. I just take it seriously, probably too much so.

I have found great information on these boards.
10-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #5
Cdaisydo

You know what, I keep telling myself things just happen and you get on with it. I have been getting on with it. Because I havenít had to be so close to people if you get me?

Anyway.. I actually canít get seen by a female doctor until the first week of November. Iím in the UK!

I feel great now though? I still have my appointment. I donít feel any pain and I donít feel ill. Iím only 27

Itís actually been great speaking to someone about this and thank you for listening! How are you feeling these days?
10-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #6
MissEire

Hey, I feel your pain!

I'm a 29 year old female who's also been assaulted by a man, so believe me when I say I understand your concern. I had the same concerns myself.

Tbh the only reason I even let a man examine me for my perianal abscess is because by the time I swallowed my pride, I had sepsis and was on the verge of dying. Please don't let it get that far for you!

In the UK, a female nurse will be present for any examination done on your nether regions by a male doctor. You can absolutely request a female doctor but unfortunately there are no guarantees you'll get one.

I really do understand the trauma involved with that, and also the embarrassment, but you need to get it checked. You don't have to divulge details of your trauma but you can always tell the nurse with you that you're a little afraid of men and would it be possible for her to chat to you while the examination is happening to distract you?

Please do get yourself checked out though, don't leave it as long as I did!
10-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #7
Cdaisydo

Thank you for replying! Thatís such a nice message!

Iím just not confident enough to actually open up but I also donít want to sound like a special princess who feels she deserves certain treatment or whatever. Itís very different behind a computer screen.

How are you?

Thank you again for such a reply you really donít know what it means. Iím on two types of antibiotics and they may be draining me but I do feel good otherwise.

The abscess never broke the skin but did drain a lot of pus from my anus and the lump under my skin seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

I really hope youíre having a good day ❤️
10-20-2018, 01:53 AM   #8
MissEire

Thank you for replying! Thatís such a nice message!

Iím just not confident enough to actually open up but I also donít want to sound like a special princess who feels she deserves certain treatment or whatever. Itís very different behind a computer screen.

How are you?

Thank you again for such a reply you really donít know what it means. Iím on two types of antibiotics and they may be draining me but I do feel good otherwise.

The abscess never broke the skin but did drain a lot of pus from my anus and the lump under my skin seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

I really hope youíre having a good day ❤️

You don't ever need to feel like a princess. Trauma is normal if you've been assaulted, and we can't control how our trauma manifests. You're doing amazingly well to even be able to say someone assaulted you.

It sounds like your abscess is healing, so I hope the antibiotics do their job and sort it out entirely

Not related to abscesses, but have a look into local counselling services if you can. After my assault, I was afraid to even leave the house because of the fear of seeing men. A few years on and I can honestly say I'm totally back to normal and as healed mentally as I'll ever be thanks to counselling might be worth looking into once you're ready