• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Teen Son Crohns Remedy

Teen Son Crohns Remedy
Our 18 year old son was having severe stomach pain and so many frequent bowel movements. He missed school, rolled up in a ball most of the time. Could not eat and when he did became sick and diarrhea would hit. Stayed in bathroom all the time. His weight dropped from 135 to 115. Something was wrong. He literally begged us to take him to the Dr. We did and found out from a colonoscopy and many tests that he had severe Crohns with lesions all through his intestines. The Dr, offered only heavy medication with terrible side effects and nothing more. We of course were devastated. We allowed our son to make up his mind what to do. He chose not to take the meds. instead we went on a quest for answers. After much trial and error and prayer. I truly believe God led us to something that worked for Him. This changed his body, stomach, health and life. I must say that I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but it did for our son.
1. Contrary to what we read, raw vegs and high fiber did not work.
2. Low Fiber, pasta, white rice, chicken very few vegs with some organic beef was good.
3. Started him on Garden of Life. Raw Probiotics. The Raw Biotics have prebiotics, enzymes and the best probiotics we could find.

WOW what a difference it made in him. After about 2 weeks, he was a changed young man. He went from 115 to 135 in about 4 weeks. He is now at about 152. (See his current picture)

If you would like more information just email us at markd838@gmail.com
We are pastors in Mississippi and are willing to help anyone struggling with this awful condition. God Bless you all.

KWalker

Welcome and congrats on those results! I am also a young male (22) managing my crohns without medication

The unfortunate downside of crohns is even without symptoms the underlying disease is still there and active. Like myself i went 20 years without major problems but the underlying disease progression will cause stricturing of the intestines which can only be fixed through surgery but it can be mitigated early through the use of medication. Good luck to all of you and hopefully you can continue being symptom free for years to come!

People trying to treat crohns without medical treatment should remember its not a common cold! And ask themselves are they really treating it or just alleviating the symptoms!!! Good luck.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Mark - thanks so much for sharing! I hope your son contines to do well on his treatment. I can imagine the relief your family feels now that he is feeling better. As was suggested above, I would encourage you to ensure that your son has regular checks to be sure his crohns is not active even if symptoms are not apparent. :).

Blue and bigtruck - there are many members who have been lucky enough to 'control', not cure, their crohns thru diets and natural treatments. It may not work for everyone and, even if it does work, it may not work forever but, as far as I know, this is the case with all meds as well. Markdmississippi is simply sharing his experience, I don't think there was reason for sarcasm and laughs. It is very hard to make the decision to put your children on the typical crohns meds, if there is a possibility to reduce your child's risks, I'm sure most parents would try.

Sometimes we all need a laugh in the face of our disease- no offence was meant I am sure.

I was medication free for ten years. Had symptoms iff and on but, for the most part did ok. Well, guess what? The disease did progress- now my lrg bowel is involved.

I respect anyones treatment method that works for them. I will say though I have never heard its a good idea to eat raw friuts and veggies? High fiber? Not so much!

I will say though "after much trial and error" he was a diff person in two weeks? Dosen't sound right to me. This is not that kind of disease. I also know many of us believe in god and or a god or higher power and till have Crohns or asthma or cancer etc...

I truely mean no disrespect- it just doesnt sound right....

Lauren

I meant no offense at all, I'm merely saying its not a disease that can be cured with a few vitamins and an aspirin! Yes if it really is working and all within a couple of weeks then brilliant, but like many others on here I've been there done that and got the t shirt so I think I'm well within my rights to be cynical. As a parent myself I thoroughly agree it's not nice to have them on medication but they need to be sure the disease isn't causing problems they can't see as it isn't being controlled properly, I am all for alternative/natural therapies but believe they only help alleviate the symptoms not treat the underlying disease, again this is just my opinion.

Im almost 18 myself and im on so much tablets atm .. so if someone comes in saying tablets don't need to be used and the side effects will fuck them up .. ofc it makes me angry, especially when they say their symptoms had gone in 2 weeks lol. Hows the diseased bit gonna disapeer just by eating a few leaves ;/

I think diet and stuff like that helps anybody - so when you've got crohns, of course its gonna help a bit, because it would help anybodys health. Its like saying, if you stopped eating junk food on crohns it will make them feel better - it will make ANYONE feel better if they stopped eating junk.. like i've seen many people write before, diet will help make the symptoms a bit less annoying but its not gonna make the disease go away ..

oh and don't get me wrong, im quite religious myself so all that stuff about praying n all yeahh that'll help make ya feel better .. but saying tablets won't help is a little crazy .. :3

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Crohn's Disease is just as highly individual in its presentation as it is in its response to treatment and the way people approach it.

I am not religious nor is my daughter. She follows a raw vegan diet and it works well for her thus far...so it really is horses for courses. Some will swear by medication and others will swear by diet and then there a truckloads in-between there somewhere. Agree to disagree and move on.

I have only one issue with the OP and it is this...

If you would like more information just email us at markd838@gmail.com
...I do not understand why the information is not given freely and openly on the forum. I have asked this question in another post as well but as yet have received no response.

Dusty.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Blue and bigtruck - I, maybe, came across as 'jumping down your throat' re your opinions on medications. :blush: Wasn't what I meant as I do agree with both of you that Crohn's, in many (most?) cases, will require meds to control at some point (and must be regularly monitored even in the absence of symptoms). But, I think it's important that all members, especially new members, find that their choices are respected and supported by all here and that they are still free to come for advice and guidance even if their choice is not the typical 'norm'. The experience, knowledge and support that's been offered by the members here has been so invaluable to me I would hate to think that a new member felt that their choice hadn't been taken seriously. :)

Blue and bigtruck - I, maybe, came across as 'jumping down your throat' re your opinions on medications. :blush: Wasn't what I meant as I do agree with both of you that Crohn's, in many (most?) cases, will require meds to control at some point (and must be regularly monitored even in the absence of symptoms). But, I think it's important that all members, especially new members, find that their choices are respected and supported by all here and that they are still free to come for advice and guidance even if their choice is not the typical 'norm'. The experience, knowledge and support that's been offered by the members here has been so invaluable to me I would hate to think that a new member felt that their choice hadn't been taken seriously. :)
its ok yeah i agree that everyones different and different things work, its just the way they said about side effects ruining peeps that got me.

and dw you didn't come across as anything bad ^^ :hug:

I think we all had a feeling this posting was a bit odd. I am a firm believer in everything this person has to say as far as the importance of a probiotic and diet change. However if diet change and a probiotic completely cured you for life, I don't think it was Crohns most likely IBS (I am not downplaying your suffering IBS'ers! But as the people above can testify Crohns is a beast that does what it wants and doesn't like to respond to much. To this day I can eat and digest a greasy hamburger from a fast food place easier than I can a gourmet salad or other healthy raw meal. How does that make sense or fit into a diet curing Crohns?