• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gerson therapy

Hi,

Has anyone tried Gerson Therapy, I spoke with one mom who daugthers Crohns was completely cured by GERSON THERAPY.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Kalpana, I have not tried Gerson's therapy, but I met someone yesterday who says she has been in remission from UC for 5 years because of Gerson's therapy. I'm going to be looking into it a bit more and I may see a practitioner for a consult. I will be sure to post about my experiences if I learn more and decide to move forward with it. I'm having really good results with the specific carbohydrate diet right now, so I'm a little reluctant to make any changes at the moment.

Gerson Therapy is a nice alternative, I say go for it! Just be warned you'll probably feel sick the first week or two due to detoxing tho its a good thing. Good luck! Keep us updated.

I spoke with couple of people (references from Gerson) and they said it is wonerful, only thing it is tough and need lot of will power.

I am wondering if anyone knows of someone who had not very good experiences with Gerson.

Thanks a lot everyone for your responses.

Katybuckeye, Can you please share with me the person who tried the Gersons diet , his number or any of his contact information if possible.

Thanks a lot everyone for your responses.

Katybuckeye, Can you please share with me the person who tried the Gersons diet , his number or any of his contact information if possible.
Hi Kalpana, it was someone that I met in person, not on the forum. I was in a vegetarian restaurant/biodynamic farming/health food store and I was asking questions about supplements, etc. I'm sorry- I don't know her name or contact info.

Bumping this up to see if anyone here has tried Gerson Therapy for their IBD. We are very seriously considering it with our 9 year old who is on elemental formula only for a year now and not getting better. In fact, his malabsorption is getting quite worse, and we are running out of options as he presents very atypically (has had IBD from birth).