• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira- Here I come !

The nurse is on her way!! My loading dose is today. Excited, but a little nervous! Hoping for the BEST!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
It really is a piece of cake, it didnt bother me at all, but I opted for the syringes, very fine needles. Needles dont bother me. Hope this works for ya, let us know how it went?

Thanks Everyone! Loading Dose went well. I have no side effects (fingers crossed) as of yet. Nurse did the first injection, I did the other 3. Abdomen was the way to go... Leg injections stung a little. Not bad though :)

Glad to hear the loading went well. It will be a breeze giving the injections after having to do so many at one time. :)

Hi Everyone! Would I feel the effects of the Humira this quick (2-3 days)? I was needing Celebrex twice a day, just to move and function. I got my loading dose of Humira last Friday and have not taken any Celebrex since Satuday. My joints feel alot better! I can not imagine it working this fast !!!

Hi Everyone! Would I feel the effects of the Humira this quick (2-3 days)? I was needing Celebrex twice a day, just to move and function. I got my loading dose of Humira last Friday and have not taken any Celebrex since Satuday. My joints feel alot better! I can not imagine it working this fast !!!
One of the indications for Humira is rheumatoid arthritis, even outside of joint pain associated with Crohn's flare ups. So you may have some "regular" RA that it's helping as well.

I'm glad you're getting some relief!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi Everyone! Would I feel the effects of the Humira this quick (2-3 days)?
YES! It's possible! I started feeling my Humira start working on day 6. Isn't it crazy? And though Remicade (a similar drug) usually takes a little while for the Crohn's patients, it can sometimes start working right during the first infusion for RA patients.
Enjoy it - I hope it lasts a really long time for you!

Thanks David and MBH. Humira is wonderful :) I forgot what it was like to not ache constantly. I can feel my energy level returning. When you are in pain, it zaps your energy.

Possibly. I did notice my tummy would get slightly gurgly a couple days before my injection day. But everyone is different :) I had to start Imuran on top of the Humira though because I needed an extra boost. Looks like you're already on it, so maybe you won't experience that! Hopefully not :)

Glad to hear the Humira is working for you, and so quickly! If you notice pain coming back before your next injection, mention it to you doctor. He/she may be able to prescribe more frequent injections... Once every week or 10 days instead of every 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info Marisa and Sharon. I just can`t get over how much better I feel. Yipee!
My GI is moving away in July :( I will need to go to a new city, 2 hours away to see another GI. (If they are taking new patients.) I hope the Humira lasts a long time.

ameslouise

That is great news that the Humira is already helping your joint pain. Has it helped with the Crohn's related stuff, too? I think I remember reading that you had some pretty bad fistulae. Hope those are healing too.

-Amy

Yes it seems to be better. Not as much draining! I am afraid to say that too loud, as to jynx it. My GI said that the fistulae would take the longest to heal. (whispering) Overall I think the Humira is working. Thanks! Hope you are feeling better !

can1991,

Good Luck!

See my post on Humira update. The fistula is closed a day after my 4th injection. I have great hope the the H will help you as well.

Give it some time.

Mike