• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Strange pooh question!

:redface:Ok..this may be gross but here I feel I can ask away!im sure I'm not te only one that looks at their poop each and every time!here goes:
I've noticed these weird transparent hollow tubes in the toilet with my defecation, sort of like sausage casings. I was tested last week for Iva and parasites and also, bacterial infections. Could this be either te sloughing of intestinal lining or mucus? I know it's possible to slough but Iv only seen it once in 25 years of nursing with a bone marrow transplant patient that was rejecting. Any insight..does anyone else do this gross and odd thing??

The only thing I can think is you might not be digesting the casings of your pills. Do u think that is possible?

nogutsnoglory

I always check my poop and have had many variations. I would take a picture for your GI. It's gross but they have seen it before and it's their job to diagnose.

No..it looks like the lumen ofmy intestine!its just weird.i guess I'll be gross and take a picture next time..that should gross her out!!LOL!!But she ds go into the poop game didn't she??

nogutsnoglory

No..it looks like the lumen ofmy intestine!its just weird.i guess I'll be gross and take a picture next time..that should gross her out!!LOL!!But she ds go into the poop game didn't she??
I don't think she will be freaked out. I am sure others have showed images. Yep they are in the poopie biz :)

I had something weird like that once too. It looked like weird little curly clear worms. They sort of hung on top of the water. Is it kind of like that? I'm curious too.

Last edited:
Finnegan..I guess it could be like that except this was much larger than a worm in diameter..I did a search on goggle and came up empty. I've seen parasitic worms in poop in developing xounteies(not my own) and it was distinctly different from that..mine float around in the water,and really look like what you would picture a transparent intestine with nothing in them to look like!ots just bizarre!!

Over the years I've had what looks like celophane in the toilet after a BM and though it could be some of my intestinal lining shedding. What someone said about it being from the capsules could be a possibility. I take Pentesa caps. This appears periodically, not consistently, although when it happens it is consistent.

Hey there!guess what?! I have an answer about the pooh question!my gi figures it's probably thick mucus that has coated the lining of my intestines causing that hollow tube like thingie!makes some sense to me!:dance::dance::dance:

Hey there!guess what?! I have an answer about the pooh question!my gi figures it's probably thick mucus that has coated the lining of my intestines causing that hollow tube like thingie!makes some sense to me!:dance::dance::dance:

Thank you so much for your post. I've been experiencing similar symptoms, along with thick mucous, so this answer really has helped to calm my nerves. Thanks, again!