• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

CD one for all, all for one unless it is the bathroom, then me first

what I love about CD forums is you can share those things that you might not share with your doctor and the normal people since they just do not understand.

who else can you have a good two hour long conversation with about TP ?
come on we all know the best brand of TP & the worse.
If choice between good meal or soft TP, TP wins ALWAYS.

We can talk about CD and public places. How many places have you judged because of the state of the bathroom?
I once went to a restaurant that was suppose to be great & upscale, my family sat at the table and I had to run to the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom, looked around and immediately walked back to the table and told my family we were leaving. There was no TP and looked like none had been in the bathroom for a long time, I could excuse one toilet but multiply??

Try to use your dry bathroom humour on a normal and they looked at you like your the most disgusting and wrong thing around but tell it to a fellow CD and they are laughing their ass off.

and then who else can you tell those embarrassing stories to? The kind of tale that you would normally not share with anyone but a fellow CD suffer, who will laugh at it and tell you something equally embarrassing.

like: Do you not love having to clean the bathtub at 2am, since what you thought was a fart, turned out not to be?

This goes to show only a few examples of why only a fellow CD suffers could understand you and not judge since we all have been there and have the soft TP to show for it.

My hubby makes fun of me and calls me a toilet paper snob!

Love this though! Its so hard to understand unless you've been there.

My hubby makes fun of me and calls me a toilet paper snob!

Love this though! Its so hard to understand unless you've been there.
I thought you might enjoy this exchange I just had with my bro:

him: I need tp.
me: I do too, you can have mine
him: why?
me: it is to tough
him: did you not just get some?
me: yes, that is why I need new stuff.
(me: bang head)

and this is why you stick with your brand and do not get drawn in by cute kittens on the packaging (or it is on sale)

Ok- I work retail. Cant leave the store when there are only two people. So please tell
me how in the hell can I close tomorrow night with just one other person and a broken toilet?? I work really hard not to let my disease control my life but, this could be a huge problem. Its been broken for 4 days and I am betting just like last time- we have an employee who flushes paper towels down the toilet! You can bet its not me I bring my own TP!

lauren
:sign0085: