• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help me!

I am undiagnosed too but had inflamation in my ileum 3 yrs. ago. My Dr. said it could be because I took advil for so long. But I still get tummy aches and diarhea alot and don't feel good alot. I get so tired too and fall asleep in the afternoon and could sleep for hours. I never want to get up. I do take vitamins. My frined said to take b12 and something else for IBD. Can't remember.

nogutsnoglory

Have you seen your doctor or a gastroenterologist over your symptoms? B12 supplementation isn't necessary unless your blood work shows you are deficient or you are vegan. It's very easy to obtain B12 from food if you don't have a malabsorption issue.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Have you had any tests done recently RosaleeMae to check for current inflammation? Blood work, stool tests, scopes, MRI, CT scan, pill cam etc? Have you had any blood work to test for any vitamin deficiencies? B12 (if you have inflammation in your ileum still then you're likely having absorption issues of B12), iron, calcium, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, vit D, zinc etc. I'd test to see if you're low in anything before supplementing. Since you have diarrhea it would be good to increase your fluid intake and if you haven't changed you diet yet already then trying the Low Residue Diet may help with symptoms while you continue testing to get a concrete diagnosis. Keep us posted. :)

I agree with ngng and jennifer..
I think you need to have this re investigating and seek a gastroenterologists advice. A vitamin deficiency could easily cause the fatigue you are having and also if you have IBD.

If they found inflammation 3yrs ago and put it down to use of advil.. then I think a follow up colonoscopy is a good idea to see if the inflammation is still there without having taken advil for a while.

I am undiagnosed too.. and I hate telling the doctors what to do/test me for.. I get really shy. But after 3yrs of presumably cutting out advil? You shouldnt continue to feel this way if advil was the cause...

Good luck! And please keep us updated :hug:

Thankyou everyone, you are all so nice! No I never got any tests since then. He just sent me home with stuff for diarhea and it does help, but it doens' stop the pain and I am tired so much. I am going to make an appointment now. I will tell you what he says then.

I am sick in the stomach again today and all I ate was a banana. Why would a banana cause my stomach to hurt? I thought it was a safe food?:(

i dont really have a "why" i do know they are very high in fruit sugar content.....I love them for a quick snack as they are fairly easy to get down even when you dont really want to eat.....but I stopped eatting them cuz they were causeing me more pain/nausea.

nogutsnoglory

I am sick in the stomach again today and all I ate was a banana. Why would a banana cause my stomach to hurt? I thought it was a safe food?:(
When you are inflamed even the safe foods can hurt because they still need to cruise through those bruised intestines.

Today is the first day without a stomach ache in over a week!:)Hallelujah!

Thanks for your support Jen, why did you support me if you knew it was me??? Teresa

Last edited: