• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Horrible cramping

horrible cramping

does anyone else get really bad cramping in there toes and fingers and sometimes in the gut and calves on remicade i've had 2 doses and having bad cramps had my potasium and magnesium checked anf they're ok what can it be

Sorry to hear you are in pain.

I've never had any cramping problems relating to Remi.

Did you talk to your doctor about?

I've never had cramping from the Remicade, but when I was on prednisone it gave me terrible cramps in the arches of my feet and in my calves. Usually at night, when I was in bed and trying to stretch. It stopped when I stopped the pred.

Hope you figure out the cause and don't have to stop treatment!

I've never had cramping from the Remicade, but when I was on prednisone it gave me terrible cramps in the arches of my feet and in my calves. Usually at night, when I was in bed and trying to stretch. It stopped when I stopped the pred.

Hope you figure out the cause and don't have to stop treatment!
Yes I had the same thing. Bad cramps in the legs had to get up to get ridof them. I remember that

I get cramps in my feet, and in my abdominal muscles sometimes, regardless of what I'm taking. If you're sure you're getting enough minerals, just use some heat on the area that's cramping, it will stop it. I use a heating pad. It's a nuisance, but I've had it off and on all my life. Nobody has ever figured out why.

What's unreal is getting one in your foot while your driving in traffic. I had a straight shift, and my left foot got a cramp, I was shifting without the clutch, trying to get off the road so I could stop, get out, and walk it out. Ugh.