12-20-2018, 02:51 AM   #31
Cdaisydo

Hey!

I went to the dr and Iíve had blood tests and stool samples and I should find out today! And meet my consultant on Monday!

Iím feeling a lot brighter within myself which is great. Howíre you?

I canít believe how long this is taking for you itís shocking! I was reading your recent post and I hope you take it easy too and enjoy all the Christmas snacks and drinks you completely deserve it!!
12-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #32
MissEire

Hey!

I went to the dr and Iíve had blood tests and stool samples and I should find out today! And meet my consultant on Monday!

Iím feeling a lot brighter within myself which is great. Howíre you?

I canít believe how long this is taking for you itís shocking! I was reading your recent post and I hope you take it easy too and enjoy all the Christmas snacks and drinks you completely deserve it!!

Ah that's brilliant that they're taking it so seriously! I hope the results today are good and that you get more answers on Monday

I'm delighted you're feeling a bit better in yourself a positive mental attitude helps so so much with this stuff!

Ah I'll be fine. I'm well used to Irish waiting lists unfortunately. My GP has her last day from now til the second week in January. My mam has an appointment so I cheekily asked could they squeeze me in and she said yes so I'll find out if I have a stupid infection soon!
12-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #33
Cdaisydo

Having the good attitude really helps! Iím so glad Iím getting it sorted because I did honestly start to feel like a drama queen when they first sent me away twice with antibiotics. I just knew they wouldnít work and I felt like I wasnít taken seriously.

Canít believe how low I felt at the very start of all this. Iím still dreading this appointment on Monday because of the physical exam with the consultant. But Iím bringing my friend with me so.. moral support!

My bloods came back ok. Slight infection marker and my liver function test came back a little too high despite not drinking alcohol or anything like that. Overall Iím happy with that!

Happy days.. you have to learn to be a bit cheeky and push for things donít you! I just canít believe the state theyíve left you in.. like what way must you be before itís finally sorted!

Although you sound pretty upbeat and I hope it continues for you.
12-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #34
MissEire

Of course you'll be anxious about the physical exam, you've unfortunately been through some awful trauma. I'm so glad you have friends with you though, they'll help take your mind off of it

Strange news about your liver function but I guess if your infection markers are slightly up, the liver will be working harder to detoxify stuff in your body. Sounds like the results weren't too bad!

I've been told I have a bad infection, apparently that's why I've been bleeding for months. Because I have no actual doctor to consult, i only found out because my nurse spotted the exudate looked wrong LOL!

So I'm on antibiotics and when the blood department in the hospital reopens (it's closed for Christmas) I've to get a full blood work done because my GP said she's concerned about my health because I'm picking up every infection around, despite usually never getting sick. Seems my immunity is nonexistent right now.

Ah well, have to stay positive. At least I'm on lists so it'll all be sorted in a year or two
12-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #35
Cdaisydo

Itís just absolutely crazy I wish it would just speed up for you! Although itís nice youíve been given the Christmas period to be merry!

Youíre handing it so well, honestly I just go to shit with all the uncertainty. Iím glad you at least have antibiotics, it just sounds like someone needs to take a look at you and theyíll just know somethings wrong!

I had the flu in jan of this year.. never had it before was quite bad and from then Iíve had issues with my stomach. I actually was just told Iíve lost 3 stone from then! Bonus.

The exam will be ok. Iím terrified but it will be a few moments and it will be to help me.

The liver function is weird isnít it!

Youíre not so far away from me down in the south! Iím currently a big pms monster so itís the only time Iíve had an appetite. Hello tayto!