• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Things I wanted to say today...

Maybe been done before but still...

Thing I wanted to say today but didn't:

Yep, you're right, I do feel worse than you. I always do, tbh, I just try not to whinge more than I have to. I know you have a cold and feel dreadful - I have that same cold, which thanks to my various meds will.not.go.away. I hurt from head to toe, as it's -5 out there and that doesn't work well with RA. You're right, a hot bath would have been excellent - but my knees feel like they're going to explode when I get in/out, so frankly not worth it. What I'd really like to do is just curl up quietly somewhere warm, and not have to dive to the loo constantly - but that's not happening any time soon. That's why I'm still up - yep, I'd love to go to bed at 10pm and get some sleep, but I can't face the in/out of my nice warm bed whilst I rush to the loo. I'd rather wait till it's settled for a bit before tucking myself under my duvet.

What I said was: I'm sorry you feel rubbish pet, get yourself off to bed. I'll be up in a bit, not that tired yet.

All this to my very lovely, very supportive DH. He just doesn't always 'get it', you know?

Oh, and unrelated, to my boss: You are a clueless, socially inept muppet. Seriously - telling 14 people in a conference call that you're glad you pulled off the M25 because you needed a sh*t was just beyond cringeworthy - talk about tumbleweed moments!

Ha ha!!! Love the bit about your boss!!!!

And yes... totally with you on the DH.... mine labours under the mistaken belief that no one could ever conceivably be more tired than him, or begin to understand just how hard his job is.... yes dear, you must be exhausted... try being on steroids and insanely unable to stop yourself from cleaning the back of the radiators with a toothbrush at 2am, (in between murdering the toilet)... they just have no idea sometimes!

Lishyloo x

Yes, i'm moody. i'm tired. my whole body aches. My gut feels like i'm trying to digest a corkscrew, and i'm tired of trying to shoot myself to the moon with my constant gas. I'm sorry the sound offends you, be grateful that for whatever reason today there is no odor to it. My muscles hurt from heaving and straining, and to top it all off i have a sinus cold. But in the future i'll try not to be moody when you poke the bear....

Ah, the joys of supportive spouses. :p
He's actually excellent, he just has his moments. I do to, it sucks, and we both have a right to be frustrated.

OMG, my boss is like David Brent from the Office, but infinitely less appealing. That particular teleconference was just dreadful - folks from Malaysia on it, who never, ever refer to bodily functions because it's such a massive cultural no-no. Every time I think about it I wince.

Yep, your DH suffers the same issues as mine - that sounds horrid, I don't mean it to - God knows, the man puts up with enough! But I can picture myself manically cleaning/tidying/ironing whilst on steroids, and I totally get you...

:ylol2: sorry Sparky - it just makes me smile!! I empathize - believe me!! I love that you guys say "pet" over there - although somehow I can hear the sarcasm in your voice when you say it ;)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Something I wanted to say today to my boyfriend:

Ya, I yelled at you, or rather, I raised my voice which I hardly ever do. You haven't heard me yell yet! I yelled because you're half-assing every simple task I ask you to do while I put my all into every single thing that I do. You're healthy and fully capable so either do it right or don't do it at all cause I don't need the added stress of your incompetence. And stop taking such long showers when I say that I need to use the bathroom soon cause if it happens again I'm going to stink up the place and flush the toilet constantly.

Last week his car stopped working and I called around to find a shop for him to tow it to and also talked to my grandpa at length to find out what it could be (he's an ex mechanic) because my bf doesn't like talking on the phone. We get it there and the shop guys lose the car key, need to make another and then when they get the new key they still don't work on the car. So I walk there with my bf and we pick up the car and take it somewhere else. Keep in mind that I get panic attacks now and walking to strange places just isn't a good time for me and he still doesn't understand the panic attacks. So he has me talk to people on the phone to get a rental car and talk to the guys about what's wrong with the car along with more calls to my grandpa about the car and by the time we get stuff figured out I say, "Man, all this is really stressing me out." He has the NERVE to say, "Why are you stressed? It's not YOUR car. I'm the one who's stressed." Keep in mind that I sold my car months ago so the only way I get around is with his car... not to mention I did all that work for HIS car. I was livid.

Silvermoon

Something I wanted to say to my co-worker today:

"You're a freakin' idiot"

Instead...I just smiled and nodded....

To a friend who had knee surgury and went on her Alaskan cruise in a wheelchair, then declared on her blog that all the "perks" handicapped people get made it THE way to travel:
What I wanted to say:
Shut up you dumb b****, you have no idea what it's like to not be able to walk or even sit on the toliet by yourself. Basic daily chores become a difficult struggle, and sometimews people treat you like you are invisible. Spending time in a wheelchair should give you prespective on the inner strength disabled people show on a daily basis. Wheelchairs are NOT fun, NOT a novelty, and NOT the cool way to travel so you don't have to get off your lazy a**.

What I said-nothing. I was so shocked by her comments I was speechless...so I vented here. Probably better that way.

Silvermoon

Things I said this week:

"You're an idiot!"
"Go away"
"Fine"
.... and sometimes....just cold silence

What I should have said:

"I am feeling cranky and b*tchy and I am sorry for taking it out on you... but thank you for standing by me and loving me anyway...." (which I actually did afterwards... but still....

:redface: :redface:

rygon

best ive heard my thankfully ex boss say
Wow ive just been on a course to get the boss / worker relationship working, basically you just ask how they are and hows the family. Best part of it you dont even have to mean it, just pretend..

30mins later .. Hi Ryan, how are you? guess youre still too young too be married, hows the girlfriend .. oh you havent got one.. bye

Back to the subject.. my dad, Yeh it will do you some good to have a rest after a week of shifts... Lets wake up at 7am to do your patio slabs. Couldnt say no as he was helping me lay them .. but when you want a lie in its a bugger