• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Love them Hate them foods...

My all time favorite food is Buffalo wings or really anything with Buffalo sauce on it. But its my stomachs worst friends. It kills after I eat them but its not something I can give up.

Anyone else have foods they love but will be hurting after you eat it?

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Most chocolates really hurt me. I love chocolate so much but there's only a few I can stomach now. A few months ago, a co-worker of mine brought me some Ghirardelli chocolates as a thank-you gift for helping him with a project. I took one bite and thought "Oh, this is going to hurt tomorrow!" I took a second bite and thought, "Nevermind that, this hurts right now!" I had to give away the rest of the chocolates. :(

ameslouise

Hi Ethan - I'm with you on the Buffalo Chicken Wings. They are like an abusive husband - all I ever did was love them and they treated me like shit!

- Amy

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hot dogs. They're my secret indulgence, and now they hurt hurt hurt later on.

Also sauerkraut.

Last edited:
I don't think we have buffalo wings round here. But one of my local takeaways does spicy hot wings. Rather than there being a sauce, the wings are encrusted with spices. Like you get breaded chicken, but with spice instead of bread. They are absolutely gorgeous, but the pain, sleepless night, wind and d just isn't worth it!

roll with bacon, square sausage, and fried egg does it for me, tastes so damn good but i know ill pay for it later lol, coffee is another, and recently think marmite doesnt like me either. strange thing is i can eat chicken madras every day, it even helps, same with chinese food, if only i could afford it for every meal maybe ask for it on prescription lol

Hot dogs. They're my secret indulgence, and now they hurt hurt hurt later on.

Also sauerkraut.
I would kill to have a hot dog. One of those nice big ball park dogs. Last weekend, I had an organic chicken hot dog thinking I could get away with it. I couldn't :(

Foods that hurt

Hi all,
Thought I would chime in on this one. I love anything Italian and Hot Wings too. I just can't handle much of anything right now. Trying to figure out what hurts the most and I have been hurting for this past month every single time I eat anything, so frustrating, aggh! :yfaint:

Donuts and steak. I miss my Dad's steaks sooo much! They were better than anything I've ever ordered at a restaurant. And let's be honest. Nothing beats a fresh Krispy Kreme donut. But boy if I eat too much of either of these things they hurt in the morning!

Donuts and steak. I miss my Dad's steaks sooo much! They were better than anything I've ever ordered at a restaurant. And let's be honest. Nothing beats a fresh Krispy Kreme donut. But boy if I eat too much of either of these things they hurt in the morning!
Ouch, Steak? That has to suck. I don't know what id do without steak lol

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I would kill to have a hot dog. One of those nice big ball park dogs. Last weekend, I had an organic chicken hot dog thinking I could get away with it. I couldn't :(
Haven't had a hot dog since just before my resection, never again, it acts like a plug in my intestines, rubbery + plugs = obstruction :thumbdown:

Oh, to be able to go out for breakfast/brunch and order eggs benny and a latte.

Pizza.

Swiss Chalet (Canadian chain of restaurants that serve rotisserie chicken)--don't know if it's the chicken or the sauce that the chicken comes with, but it's a big no-no.

Spinach salad.

Lentils and beans.

And add me to the popcorn list.

I miss pizza and spaghetti! It's something I am thinking with the red sauce! Chocolate I craved once in awhile but I can not eat it anymore! I am also with you on the steak...I would kill for a nice steak! Maybe one day..I pray LOL!

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Yeah, pre-Crohn's, chicken was how I got away with eating them (the regular beef ones have always made me sick). Now...no dice. At least I still have bratwurst!

Swiss Chalet (Canadian chain of restaurants that serve rotisserie chicken)--don't know if it's the chicken or the sauce that the chicken comes with, but it's a big no-no.
I get this too. Pretty sure it's the sauce as my husband once made it (from the packets you can buy at the grocery store) for us to have with homemade chicken and fries and I had the same reaction.

I really miss ice cream and pecan pie.

Corn on the cob was always one of my favorites in the summer. My boyfriend and I had a 4th of July BBQ and I boiled over a dozen ears of local white sweet for our guests. For some reason, everyone thinks I make the best corn on the cob. You just have to boil it for goodness sake. It was tough serving it and watching all our friends devour it.

Thank goodness I can eat steak! Red meat doesn't seem to bother me at all.

And thank all that is holy I can still eat steamed blue crabs!!!! I just had a few extra crabs while everyone else ate the corn. Not a terrible trade-off.

the brain dead, don't have to think about it food, just eat mindless snacks. anything small that you can eat tons of....popcorn in all its incarnations, nibs, sour candies, m&ms are not worth it, they are not worth it, they are not worth it. Dang, apples and almond butter again.