Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Common cold and Remicade

03-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
ladyphoenix1010's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota

My Support Groups:
Common cold and Remicade

Do infusions typically get postponed if the person has a cold? Sore throat and sniffles, but not wiped out.

03-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Forum Monitor
Farmwife's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan

My Support Groups:
Not for Grace. A fever over 100 is the only reason for us to cancel, per our rheumatologist advice.
Now there was a time where her cough was so deep but no fever that I decided to push it back a couple days. Paranoid it could go into pneumonia because of her asthma.
I'm mom to............... Little Farm Girl 9 yr old
Ibd (microscopic)
dx Juvenile Arthritis
dx Erthema Nodosum
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 2 wks
MTX started AGAIN on 11/21/17
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine,
03-24-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
my little penguin
Forum Monitor
Join Date: Apr 2012

My Support Groups:
We only hold for fever or bacterial infection (abx required)
All biologics are a go here
DS - -Crohn's -Stelara -mtx
03-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California

My Support Groups:
Same and if on antibiotics only hold the first couple of days. They may ask you to wear a mask if it is a shared infusion area so as not to infect others.
Daughter O dx 2/1/12 at age 12
Crohns & Remicade induced Psoriasis
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
03-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
Forum Monitor
Maya142's Avatar
Nope, only if your child has a fever - above 100.4 F is considered a fever by most doctors.

For infections, if my daughter has been on abx for 48 hours, usually we do not have to wait on the infusion/injection (whatever she is on at the time).

Hope she feels better soon!
Mom of M (20)
diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at 16
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis at 12
Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis at 16

Mom of S (23)
dx with JIA at 14
Ankylosing Spondylitis at 18
03-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
Lisa's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York

My Support Groups:
I agree with all of the above!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Parents of Kids with IBD » Common cold and Remicade
Thread Tools

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017