• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No remission yet, but PhD-bound!

I'm so excited, I've been accepted to an Immunology program to get a PhD in about six years! While I haven't hit remission yet (3.5 years since diagnosis), I'm really excited to have used my Crohn's to give myself some academic direction!

Sciencing for money and the intent to fix things... that's the goal :ylol:

I love your excitement for working towards a goal.

Why does this program get you to a PhD in 6 years? Is this some kind of undergraduate/graduate/post-graducate program?

In any event, congrats!

Thank you! It's a graduate program so I'd be in classes for about a year or two, and then mainly research as I work on a main thesis! I'm really excited, because I heard about the University of Iowa from all the Crohn's-helminthic studies! :D :ghug:

Thank you! It's a graduate program so I'd be in classes for about a year or two, and then mainly research as I work on a main thesis! I'm really excited, because I heard about the University of Iowa from all the Crohn's-helminthic studies! :D :ghug:
Well, in that case, make us proud and find a cure :smile:, or a new treatment alternative!

By the way, Crohn's is a 30 billion annual market, you are heading into a very lucrative field...