07-28-2015, 02:21 AM   #1
aideen33

My Support Groups:
Vein question

I just started. Ive had 2 infusions. Have my 3rd 17 August then go to the 8 week maintenance schedule.
Here is my question- So far we have hit my one decent vein in my left elbow both times, given that its the only really good one i have (my right arm sucks and left hand is a maybe) and we are hitting it repeatedly... Has anyone had issues with the vein from the IVs going in the same spot repeatedly?

Bruised up a bit this recent one, though I think that may be from me moving and jostling it when I dozed off from the benadryl
Dx'ed (June '14) Crohn's colitis w/ possible small bowel involvement, Pyloric Stenosis. Asthma, Multiple allergies, pre-diabetic, unexplained tachycardia, hypertension, restless leg, and pos. ANA, waiting for rheum. referral for possible lupus
Meds: Azathioprine, Methyprednisolone, metoprolol ER, Lomotil, Tramadol, Protonix, flexeril, ropinirole, farxiga, vits D, b12, biotin, fish oil, glucosamine
07-28-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Mine usually goes in the same vein every 8 weeks because mine are so bad. I need to drink lots prior to my infusion to make them nice and plump. Otherwise it's 2-3 sticks go get the IV in place.

I get brusing in the areas they missed up.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
07-28-2015, 02:47 AM   #3
aideen33

My Support Groups:
I have one good one. Right arm the veins are small and roll. Left arm has one really nice one in the elbow, its large and cooperative lol. Problem is ... just the one
07-28-2015, 02:59 AM   #4
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hear you.
07-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
araceli
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Usually is the same vein for my Daughter for the past 3 years. So far no problems.
Current meds.
Remicade since Nov. 2012
Supplements
5000 Vit. D, Multi-Vitamins with Iron
Currently in REMISSION :dance

Mom/ 16 boy
Amplified musculoskeletal pain
Prior. Prednisone, sulfasadine,
Currently. Celebrex, gabapentin, amitriptyline.
07-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #6
aideen33

My Support Groups:
Well its good to know Im not the only one and that others have managed to keep having their infusions with only the one good one lol. I was afraid it might mess up the one good vein somehow and mean id have to use the crap ones or get a port or something