• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Reoccurring warts

Is there a correlation between reoccurring warts and Crohn's disease? No matter how often I get them burnt off of my leg, they always grow back. Why??

I thought it was just me but I have been getting them on my legs too. One on arm. I've tried over the counter remedies but nothing seems to work. Have you had any luck with anything other than getting them taken off?

Have a great day.

Sorry, I haven't had any experience with warts but hope you find out some further info. I haven't heard of any correlation between Crohn's and Warts.

Hope you can find some relief. Have you asked your GI?

I get flesh colored warts (just look like thickened dots) and have since childhood but they show up more now. I typically pick them off (I know I shouldn't...) and I remember when I was on prednisone removing about 20 while talking to a friend one night. I'm just on Remicade now and I think I just have one (that I'm aware of)

David

Co-Founder
The first thing I'd do if your body isn't fighting off the wart virus is get your vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels tested and get your vitamin D between 55 and 80 ng/mL and your vitamin B12 at 500 pg/mL or higher.

The reason I say this is warts are HPV (human papilloma virus) and studies have showcased an inverse relationship between HPV and vitamin B12 levels and that vitamin D plays a critical role as well. As deficiencies of B12 and D are prolific in people with Crohn's, that's where I'd start. Give your body the tools it needs to fight the little buggers.

The nice thing is, not only will it potentially help your wart issue, but it'll help in a ton of other ways as well :)

I have had Crohns since 1988 and my Vitamin levels are fine. I have had a wart on my finger since 1980 that will not go away so to answer the question of Rachael I think the Crohns has something to do with it.

I get flesh colored warts (just look like thickened dots) and have since childhood but they show up more now. I typically pick them off (I know I shouldn't...) and I remember when I was on prednisone removing about 20 while talking to a friend one night. I'm just on Remicade now and I think I just have one (that I'm aware of)
I have them too, started on my legs and have a few on my arms and these flesh colored round growths now too popping up all over. What is up with crohns and all these skin problems? Weird!!:shifty:

I had them spring up, mainly on my neck and chest, when I started on Azathioprine. The IBD nurse told me to keep an eye on them and make sure they weren't growing significantly. Since I came off the Aza, some have disappeared and the rest have kind of shrunk.

I've had exactly one wart. Ever. It was on my knee, appearing a couple years ago. I left it go for a year and a half, not thinking much of it. Then I used a Dr Scholls liquid nitrogen type spray, but it came back 3x. So I resorted to using an Epicor supplement for about a month everyday, 500mg a day. It gradually dried up and peeled off by itself. No joke. It worked for me. This was about a month and a half after the last Dr Scholls spray, so I think it's safe to say the Epicor did it. Just my experience.

I've since heard anectdotal info on how this product came about. Apparently this stuff is produced in a ?goat? milk factory in Iowa, and floats in the air where the workers then inhale it. I don't know the exact product this place primarily produced: protein, whey, ?. The story goes that the workers had a noticeable drop in absences, during flu season, so the company thought they had a product on their hands. I heard thru a health store the above story, in Cedar Rapids, and the lady elaborated that her son with Lymes used it to dampen his symptoms with great effect, also. All I know is that it seemed to work for me.

It has to do with the cell walls of saccaromyces cervasei, ?brewers yeast?, producing a good sugar/polysaccaride which modulates the immune system. Check spelling, it's 3 am...

Yes my daughter gets them all the time and has had them burned off but they do come back. A month before her crohns dx we were at the doctors office inquiring about warts on her stomach