• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MAP and Crohn's

C

CanadaCurt

Hello all!

I've been doing alot of reading the past few days and I was curious what you all think about the correlation between MAP and Crohn's. It seems that doctors in both Australia and the UK have used Antibiotics that target MAP as a mainstay treatment for Crohn's. Has anyone else heard about this? What do you all think?

S

Skinsfan1229

Its pretty common. Its very debatable.

I'm sure you know all the basics of it since you've been reading about it.

To me I dont particulary mind something that is debatable, seems like it will work for some maybe.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Part of the problem seems to be that they can only find MAP in some people, so they are not sure that it is something that can be considered for treating everyone.

I really am not in a position to say if it is either true or not, but I am open to anything being possible :).