• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need Some Advice & Help

Hey everyone,

So I'm quite new here and actually have a few question in regards my symptoms and just wanted to get some honest opinions and help on what could it be.

Lets start, so for the past 2 1/2 months or so I started getting some pain in my lower right of my pelvic region. I continuously thought it was due to my birth control or somehow related to my lady parts but wasn't to sure. I finally sought out help from my OBGYN who found a cyst on my right over who later said lets see if it goes away after you menstruate. Good new it did and I thought the pain would diminish. Bad new pain became worse and to the point where I would curl up in a ball and cry. So my doctor finally says lets go forward with a laparoscopy procedure and see if you have endometriosis. So he goes in takes a look and after all that finds no endometriosis but then states that my colon is enlarged/enflamed about 3 times its normal size and shows me pictures of as well and gives me the copies. So he recommends me to a GI but that GI can't see me till January which is ridiculous so I've been trying to set up with another one. Since my surgery I will say my symptoms have gotten worse as the days progress.

So a question to ask y'all is my OB kept stating its probably IBS, do y'all think it could be some weird form of IBS or probably just IBD?

Below I've listed all my symptoms

- Enlarged/Enflamed Colon found during lap procedure.
- Nausea & Vomiting.
- Diarrhea at first with small amounts of blood but not a lot then as of recently I've been constipated.
- Stomach feels swollen and tender to touch at times.
- Sharp stabbing pains that come in waves even when I haven't consumed any food usually in lower right region and occasionally near bellybutton even though I'm fully healed from my lap procedure.
- Iv'e lost about 8lbs in about a months time and feel like I'm losing more.
- Feeling fatigued most days.
- Loss of appetite.
- Certain food that I use to be able to eat without trouble cause lots of pain when consumed.

Thank you for taking the time to ready this and hope I didn't ramble on too much.

Last edited:
Welcome. I would call the GI and ask them if they have any cancellations if they could pencil you in. I hope you feel better soon.

Scipio

The inflammation would suggest that it is more likely to IBD or some other inflammatory condition rather than IBS. By definition IBS does not involve inflammation. You need to see a GI and get colonoscopy done to see what's really going on down there. Plus some additional blood tests, CRP, Calprotectin, anemia/iron evaluation, etc. would be a good idea too.

The inflammation would suggest that it is more likely to IBD or some other inflammatory condition rather than IBS. By definition IBS does not involve inflammation. You need to see a GI and get colonoscopy done to see what's really going on down there. Plus some additional blood tests, CRP, Calprotectin, anemia/iron evaluation, etc. would be a good idea too.
Thank you for the bit of advice, I just finally got in with another GI for next Tuesday so I'm relieved and hopeful I'll have an answer soon.