• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello

Hi, I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease in my small intestine, and Terminal Ileitis. I'm 39. I've had problems my entire life with bowel issues. 7 years ago I had my gallbladder removed. After I went back to the Dr because the symptoms never went away. I was basically brushed off and told to eat more fiber, and I just had gas. I was sent to an autoimmune Dr who just said , " when was the last time you ran? You're overweight." At that point I gave up trying to get help with the problems. Until last month it became intolerable, and I went to the ER. I had previously gone to the ER over the years but this time the Dr actually listened. He thought the pain was my appendix. That's when the trauma surgeon found Crohn's on the scan. He said he couldn't technically diagnose me but was positive. He referred me to a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy. He confirmed Crohn's, and prescribed Uceris. Cigna wouldn't cover it, so he switched it to budenosine. Then I had a upper ultrasound, and small bowel follow through. He confirmed the terminal ileitis.

I don't know anyone with this, and really do not have many I can even talk to about it so I decided to search and found this great site.

Hi rudegyal,
Terminal ileum is the classic location of the disease for crohn's.
That's good you got diagnosed now you can focus on finding the best treatment for you.
Usually steroid, like budenosine in your case, are given on short term period to kick down inflammation. Then usually you are switched to a longer term treatment, like 5-asa or immunosuppressive treatments, or biologic treatments (the most effective ones).
Hope you'll find the support you need here and feel better soon, dont hesitate to ask questions.

scottsma

Hello and welcome.I'm glad that you have at last got a diagnosis.We hear this story far to many times.There will be people along soo who have your problem and you will get lots of support and advice.I hope you're feeling better.

Scipio

He referred me to a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy. He confirmed Crohn's, and prescribed Uceris. Cigna wouldn't cover it, so he switched it to budenosine. Then I had a upper ultrasound, and small bowel follow through. He confirmed the terminal ileitis.
Uceris is a brand name of budesonide, so it sounds like he switched you from a branded drug to the generic form of the same drug. The question in your case is which formulation of budesonide are you on? With terminal ileitis you should be on Entocort or its generic equivalent, since it is formulation for release and activity in the terminal ileum. Uceris and its generic forms are intended more for large bowel inflammation.

Uceris is a brand name of budesonide, so it sounds like he switched you from a branded drug to the generic form of the same drug. The question in your case is which formulation of budesonide are you on? With terminal ileitis you should be on Entocort or its generic equivalent, since it is formulation for release and activity in the terminal ileum. Uceris and its generic forms are intended more for large bowel inflammation.
Entocort. BUDESONIDE is a corticosteroid. It is used in the treatment of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis which are types of inflammatory bowel disease.

That, it's 3mg x3 once a day. You're correct, he switched me to it because of the Ileitis.