11-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
jed

fail day

so all my poops are pretty much blood free lately, mostly a nice firm texture, been putting on a bit of weight. everythings been going pretty damn well. the methotrexate, pllaquinil and small amount of pred seem to be doing a great job.

but a couple of days ago i started getting a few little pings in my stomach again, then today i started having a few more slightly painful ones.

they're located on my left hand side, around the area inside me where my join would be of large intestine to small after my surgery.

its a very slow pain build up, kinda pulsing throb with a razor finish to it. it may not happen for an hour, or it may happen every 5 minutes. the pains not to bad to bear compared to other things i've experienced before, but its enough to make me worry a little.

if it gets any worse, then i'll be doing the right thing and calling my GI, even though i know what the outcome will most likely be.

my last colonoscopy showed pseudo-polyps growing in that area, so i wouldnt be suprised if they've grown further.

due to the damage my large intestine has already endured (the 10cm left of it), they wont be ale to remove the polyps. it'll be bag time for me next.

kinda sad about that happening so soon after what has been a great surgery which i often promote, but yeah, still not the greatest thought in the world.

all just part of crohns i suppose.

Current meds - Methotrexate, the rest werent doing anything.
Current state - hopeing poop softener, honey and cinnamon tea make me poop like a crohnie again..

my story - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3093
11-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
CookieCat

Damn Jed! So sorry to hear that it's kept on building up. Not fair not fair not fair!
*Cookie tosses her cookies in disgust!*

I hope it's only something minor - there's always that hope hey? Just one of those glitches we seem to come across so much in life. I'll def. be crossing my kitty cat claws, paws, knees, elbows and eyes and every other part of me I can - apart from my bowel.... I am sure you understand I draw the line there LOL!

I'm thinking of you mate. You take care. We need your Jed-Predhead wit & wisdom on the forum, you hear?

"That's the way the cookie crumbles...."
11-27-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
Jax

Hi Jed hope your intestines settle themselves down!
I have the same thing happening to me. I woke up at 3am thismorning with pains. Nowhere near as bad as I have had but this is how this nighmare began at the start of the year. I haven't had a single pain since June but I have had pain on and off today. Enough to mildly freak me out. Made a tactical error thismorning that involved munching on a raw carrot...Idiot! I guess it's just a waiting game now to see what suprises Mr Crohn's has in store. Hope he is good to you! (and me!) Good luck

Jackie
11-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

AWww, Jeddie - sorry to hear about your new pains. Maybe it's nothing and will go away as soon as it popped up. Probably just a stuck gas bubble from Schnitzle day.
Good luck, and let us know.
11-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #5

Jed i hope by now the pain has subsided xx but if not, please please do go see your doc.

whatever the diagnosis of this pain is, and whatever you have to face, we are there for you, every step of the way. ((hugs))

please let us know how you're feeling now.
11-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
jed

well i've seen mister Doc, he's put me on a three week 30mg pred taper to see if its just a small thing.

if it carries on after, or gets worse during, then all i have to do is call him and he'll stick a camera up my butt the same day

so, finger crossed at the moment!

thanks for the comments, always appreciated!.
xx
11-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #7
MINI Cooper

oooooo! Special butt treatment!!!!
Hope all works out for you. Pain sucks! Jed rocks!
Shameless Plug:
www.cloverscritters.com
11-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #8
BWS1982

Please don't jump to conclusions Jed, keep the spirits high and strong. Hopefully nothing....may the force be with you and your colon.

-diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in Sept. 2006, currently 28 years old

"Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird."

"Men with Spartan lives, simple in their creature comforts, if only to allow for the complexity of their passions." -The X-Files, S4
11-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #9
GoJohnnyGo
One Badass Dude

That stinks, man.

Hope it gets better for you.
11-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
jed

well, stomach muscles are felling tense, and i can feel air bubbles moving around inside me, but havent had "that pain" back since upgrading the pred dosage.

fingers are still crossed.
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #11

got everything crossed for you here Jed.... hope you're feeling completely pain and bubble free very soon!! x
11-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
CookieCat

Hey Jed, how are you feeling today? Hope you're doing better and that 'bubble trouble' has settled down into the swamps of oblivion.

Still got everything crossed for you.. including my eyes (blame the oxycontin! LOL!!! )