Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Do you get hydrocortisone premed w/ REMICADE?

02-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
xmdmom
Do you get hydrocortisone premed w/ REMICADE?

My son has always got hydrocortisone pre remicade infusion. His new doctor wrote an order for tylenol and benadryl but no steroid. I am curious if you guys
get hydrocortisone or another IV steroid prior to the remicade infusion.

[The nurse said the doctor doesn't use steroids but the doctor said he always does. I read an article from 2003 that said hydrocortisone premed decreased the development of antibodies to Remicade. In any case, my son now has the order...]
02-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Yes, I get both solu-medrol and Benadryl IV before my infusions.... Been getting those for the past few years.....

I see you are in NY too..... What area are you from?

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
02-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
When I was on it, i got both Benadryl and Tylenol.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
Dyana

I get both Benadryl and Tylenol NEVER have gotten a steroid.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Do you get hydrocortisone premed w/ REMICADE?